Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a rolling toolchest for Christmas. Anyone seen any good deals for one lately online?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Sears is having a sale right now on Craftsman. The one they have at Harbor freight isn't bad.

I'm saving up for this one..........

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I have a Craftsman that is probably at least 30 years old and still working great. Whatever you do make sure you open and close the drawers while putting quiet a bit of weight on it to see how smooth and easy it opens.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Snapon always makes quality products, and so do Craftsman. I'd buy either in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have heard a lot of good feedback on Montezuma brand tool boxes. IIRC they are out of IA. Otherwise Snap-On, Craftsman industrial line, & Mac are all good.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I've seen those rolling boxes that have their own generator and propane. BBQ and cold drinks while wrenching on the toys sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been checking out Kobalt (Lowes brand) and I am not impressed with any of their boxes.
I've seen some with monster stereo equipment, don't know how bad I need one of those, especially considering they only appear to play horrible music very loudly.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Kobalt tools aren't the best. If I were to pick a tool it'd be HF over kobalt.

·
im lost
92 Posts
one of my setups is a snap-on roller with 2 craftsmen chests stacked on top. and the other is a craftsmen roller with a task force(kobalt mini brand).

i like all of my boxes. they have treated me well. i could use some more storage but its ok. definitely good for the money

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kobalt tools aren't the best. If I were to pick a tool it'd be HF over kobalt.
Wear out quickly? I've been told their composition is softer than a lot and they get ruined quickly.

I don't know if the same holds true with the boxes.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Wear out quickly? I've been told their composition is softer than a lot and they get ruined quickly.

I don't know if the same holds true with the boxes.
That is what I have heard. A buddy of mine tried them out, but wore them out in a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't know I'm looking into it though.

I've noticed with warranties the don't cover much.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
If you have been to Costco recently, they have a pretty cool roll away which is about 6' long. It comes with a wood top to double as a work bench.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Are you talking about that just over $600 stainless one?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts