Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolled my TJ and now it won't start please help!!!!!!
I rolled my 99 tj sahara and now it wont start! Oil came out of the intake. Idk where to start! It won't even turn over

·
Registered
979 Posts
Take all the sparkplugs out, then crank till it spits all the oil out of the cylinders then put the sparkplugs back in and get it running long enough to clear all the oil smoke. Don't forget to check oil level. After all that the Jeep should be no worse for wear. The oil in the cylinders is hydrolocking the engine.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nope it doesn't have that Ford contraption. It's hydrolocked, so out come the plugs and then let er spit it's congestion out. Things will improve from there

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I 100% agree with aw12345. Same thing happened when I rolled. Easy fix though. The only problem I had was it ran like crap the rest of the day because it also cracked a couple plugs.

Also when your done pumping oil out the check engin light will come on and it will have a bunch of misfire codes. Just disconnect the battery for about 10 min and they will go away.

And I don't know if this had anything to do with the roll but my throttel position sensor also took a crap on me about the same time. It ran but would have a weird miss in it, it was a $25 part and easy to fix.

PIC'S!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts