Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I can't see spending the cash on them but want them soo.....

I thinking about make these.

I can't decide to do bolt on or weld on... .154 wall thickness enough / too much? 1 3/4 od pipe or 2"

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
The only reason I don't like those is that they hang lower then you body. But if you were to make them I would use 1-3/4" 120 wall should be fine but if you are AW12345 you will need solid. All depends on how hard you beat your rig. I am using 4" angle Iron bolted to my tub and 1-3/4" 120 wall for a step kinda like Riks if he has a pic of his.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think about solid. I can do that, wonder how heavy it would be.. I don't beat my jeep, I'm still paying on it.. I figured I would want them below the body line to protect it? Im looking more for buggie protection then rocks for the next few years but in the long run they will be used.. Would be nice to do it right the first time. I'm definitly a noob to this aspect all input is appreciated..

·
Registered
979 Posts
Like Chris says it all depends what you plan on doing with your Jeep. The tube sliders are basically a somewhat light duty slider on a hard hit on a rock they will push up and do a bit of damage to the tub. If you mainly use them for some fairly light wheelin and don't get in to very big rocks they do just fine

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Humm. So maybe a bolt on setup that I can remove latter on when / if things get more serious...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts