Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Retreads?

7K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  MrSig 
#1 ·
Anyone run retreaded tires? How well do they hold up?

I need new tires on my tow rig and i'm looking at caps since they're a lot cheaper...

#8 ·
retreads

I bought a set of retreads for Treadwright last spring and I am very impressed with them. I don't really go off roading a lot so i got the all terrain that has the B.F.Goodrich disign. I've driven on the interstate 80 mph and had no problem with them at all. I probally have about 6500 miles on them now. I would recommend the to anyone. (https://www.treadwright.com/)

Attachments

#9 ·
I have no opinion since I've never used them. But I see lots of them all over the freeway.

#12 ·
I would love to get a set for my truck, but the are way backlogged on the size and no more available until further notice...

Rik, poor tire maintenance is why you see them scattered on the highway. Generally, truck drivers dont check their tire pressures. Low tires get real hot and the cap lets go...

#17 ·
I just heard for info that the BFG changed their rubber compound and its less of a seller because of it? I have had a mine since my purchase and liked them as they have done me almost 65K! But with thought of upgrading to a 33 or 35? ........... been looking now at the M/T or Dick Cepek? My situation is getting a wheel to fit a 5-5 pattern in what i want.

#19 · (Edited)
you would think they would make better? not a grease monkey yet lol but hard core in the investigation of a new tread and wheel. like i said the BFG's i purchased when getting the jeep have done good and i can't say enough about them. soon to be on slicks and need new but want bigger so i'm looking.

#20 ·
I have been running the Tread Wrights for some time now and a lot of guys in my clubs have them too. They are top notch and I will keep getting them. I have played on Sand, Mud and Rocks and a lot of high way driving and the are great! Even on wet roads!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.