Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my 2004 TJ. What do you recommend for the brand? In Dubai
I can get Teraflex and Rough Country. I think there a a couple others. I forget the brands. I also need to know if I have to get an extended drive
shaft and a slip yoke if I put on a 3" lift. My friend here put on a 3" lift on his 2011 JK an swears he didnt need to change the shaft or yoke. The shop here is saying that I do have to change the shaft and yoke. Dont know who to believe. If the shop is trying to sell me more stuff. Cant believe my friend would be mistaken but I am being told opposite of what I need from the very shop that did his. Would appreciate any help and facts you can give.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I would get a slip yoke eliminator shaft and a CV driveline for it. things are really different from TJ to JK. it will help with vibrations and not let your driveline fall apart. I used to run a Teraflex 4" short arm suspension and still run the springs. the control arms were adjustable and had no problems with them but I also stayed on top of preventive maintenance on them which is pretty easy, just keep them greased.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. so that is what the shop here is also saying I should get. They also said I should get the 4 teraflex arms. Is is necessary to change the arms as well? They are pricey.What is a CV driveline? Is that just another term for driveshaft? See the quote below in blue I got here in Dubai. Divide aed money by 3.67 and you get $3,119.00. Pretty steep I thought. Wonder what that package goes for in the US.
Teraflex 3” lift kit with shocks ----- AED3,950/-

Slip yoke eliminator ---- AED1,500/-

Teraflex rear drive shaft ---- AED1,900/-

Teraflex 4 lower arms ---- AED3,000/-

Service charge --- AED1100/-

Total --- AED11,450/-

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Yeah driveline and drive shaft are the same thing. you will want the Tera arms because there adjustable and it ensures that you can get a proper pinion angle. And there alot stronger than stock. When I was on a short arm kit I kept a spare set of stock control arms around for trail spares though. In a pinch they'll get ya home

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so now i have to decide if i want a 3" lift i have to get the arms, driveshaft and slip yoke. very expensive. if i get just a 2 or 2.5" i only have to put on the springs and shocks and other hardware that comes with and I'm good to go. Right? Seems if you want a 3" or more lift you really have to put out the money for all those parts I mentioned above. Probably not worth it as its only looks that is the difference I guess. Is there a big difference in the ride and the quality between brands for these lifts? They dont have 2.5 teraflex here but they have rough counrty and skyjacker.
wondering which is better. I think there are some other brands but forget the names.
what do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
You can also do the 2-2.5" and a 1" body lift if ya really want 3" of lift.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent heard much discussion here where I live on body lifts. What is needed to do that? The shops I'm dealing with in Dubai have never mentioned having body lifts available. I will ask next week. But can you tell me what is needed? thanks

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Basically, it's longer bolts and spacers that are mounted where your current body mounts are. You can get them too tall though. 1 to 1.5 inches is fine.

And they're cheap compared to a full suspension lift. Check any of the sites like quadratech, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
There pretty easy to do and have alot add alot of room for other modifications further down the road. For example later you can do a SYE kit and better driveline and do a tummy tuck and motor mount and tranny lift. None of those need to be done now though

here is a link to a rough country kit. I personally wouldent go much above 1" of lift

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_tj-body-lift.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a 2.5" Skyjacker lift in Duba for about a $1000. I think I am going for that. There was also a Terflex for the same price but its only 2". So I'm opting for the 2.5 Skyjacker.
Wish I could get some reviews or feedback from people on this site regarding the
Skyjacker brand. Are you aware of that brand?

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I found a 2.5" Skyjacker lift in Duba for about a $1000. I think I am going for that. There was also a Terflex for the same price but its only 2". So I'm opting for the 2.5 Skyjacker.
Wish I could get some reviews or feedback from people on this site regarding the
Skyjacker brand. Are you aware of that brand?

If I had to choose between Skyjacker and Teraflex I would go Teraflex. Skyjacker's nickname isn't Skycrapper for nothing. They are not a very quality product.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
If I had to choose between Skyjacker and Teraflex I would go Teraflex. Skyjacker's nickname isn't Skycrapper for nothing. They are not a very quality product.
what he said tera fles is an awesome product, i have the 3 inch lift and it yeiled me almost 4 inches spend the extra 200 bucks and go for the 3 inch teraflex

I've been burning up my pc looking for lifts. Is ZONE stuff any good?
i have heard good and bad about ZONE lifts,,, some people have had issues with the front springs sagging after about 6 months .. krawl\clatyon\rock krawler\and tera flex are all top notch products

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to get a teraflex but they only have 2" here in Dubai. So with sagging possibly happening later that is not much of a lift. Also If I get the 3" lift then I have to change my driveshaft and get a slip yoke eliminator that drastically adds to the cost. Its a must to add those last 2 things if you get a 3" lift isnt it? that is what they are telling me at the shop. And I believe I have also read that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bummer. The overall price here in Dubai is gonna be over $3000.00 for everything I would need. The teraflex 4 lower arms alone are $800. Not sure what they go for in the US but I'm pretty sure they are gouging me. Wont be able to get it at that price.

·
have you seen my helmet
12,641 Posts
You do not need a sye or driveshaft with lift up to 4". If your not using transfer case drop brackets you will need the sye and driveshaft.

·
Ironman
63 Posts
Rubicon Express

I got a 5.5" Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty Long Arm Suspension System.

Cons: it is expensive & difficult to install for average people with no mechanical experience.

Pros:It has a nice road driving experience and awesome offroading flex & performance.

I recommend it 100%

1 - 20 of 25 Posts