Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im a noob and I need to change my rear main oil seal in my 95 rio grande 2.5 but cant find anything accurate nor detailed, any help is appreciated !!!

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
Unfortunately you have a one piece rear main seal, you have to drop your transmission to get to it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did it myself it's a pretty easy job you drop the pan and tranny w/transfer case and then you can either use a carefully placed screwdriver or you can try and pack it with wet paper and then hit it with a hammer and the pressure of the paper will push the seal out.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Not a difficult job, just time consuming. Make sure the refrigerator has plenty of cold beer and get busy.

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
jlane1905 said:
I did it myself it's a pretty easy job you drop the pan and tranny w/transfer case and then you can either use a carefully placed screwdriver or you can try and pack it with wet paper and then hit it with a hammer and the pressure of the paper will push the seal out.
That's the pilot bushing, not the rear main seal

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
That's the pilot bushing, not the rear main seal

Good catch! I didn't read it that closely. I was in a hurry.
But yeah, you have to take the flywheel off if it's a stick and the flex plate off if it's an auto. Still pretty simple. Just nuts and bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts