Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Rant on]

Started as a normal Saturday. Showed up at work and immediately was plunged into parking cars. One of those really busy days where people don't have lives and seem to continuously show up. Since I'm the only Porter for Saturdays, my hands were full the whole day. Shuttle rides to opposite sides of numerous towns, people with bad directions, etc etc. People barking orders, me having to do someone elses job for them, part runs, etc. All the while a painful back ache is screaming for mercy. Towards the end of the day people begin with the yelling and asking me why I did thing,s why I haven't done things, me trying to explain my side to them (all from a mis-communication on their part), yadda yadda. Pretty much fed up for the day by the time I left.

Get home, expecting to be able to relax for the rest of the afternoon. But no, have to make a quick run to the store. Some random tweaker shows up, accusing me of things I did not do. Telling me that I was down the towns emergency access roads (a place where we're allowed to be, we've even been confronted by police about it, they don't have any issue with us being on county property), how he recognizes by Jeep (there are probably a dozen red Jeeps up here, 4-5 of them are red YJ's that look similar to mine, and a few of them have been known to be down there), how he was being mouthed off at by an apparent buddy of mine while he was mountain biking down there, being told to get out, how it's not his property, how I'm an idiot, blah blah blah. A buddy of mine shows up and takes my side right off the bat. Since I'm a regular at the store, the store owner knows me really well. He tells me to not get involved with it- I honestly have no idea what this guy is on about, the last straw was when this tweaker called me an idiot, the store owner said "If you are going to argue with my buddy here then you can GET OUT of my store!" My other buddy backed me up too, so that was a win for me...

Either way I want this day to die. Fed up and frustrated, with back pain.

[rant off]

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah hopefully... Sundays generally are mellow at work. Then have to come in on monday again, I hate weekends..

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we prefer the term "Dealership" but yes...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Nah. It's a stealership. Their prices on parts are ridiculous and service is even more expensive That's how they got that nickname.
Fortunately they have competition on most everything now. You only go to a stealership if you need to buy a vehicle or have warranty service.
Otherwise you are throwing your money away.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
He's not offended. He's got thick skin and knows it's just a nickname. He did say "prefer".
Hopefully he doesn't have hurt feelings, or flies into a fit of rage and hunts us down and tear our heads off and poop down our necks!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Nah. It's a stealership. Their prices on parts are ridiculous and service is even more expensive That's how they got that nickname.
Fortunately they have competition on most everything now. You only go to a stealership if you need to buy a vehicle or have warranty service.
Otherwise you are throwing your money away.

I have to go buy a charcoal canister for my Audi S4 this week and the only place you can buy one is he steelership. I think I'll just walk in with my pants down around my ankles to save some time.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
He just got out of prison for doing that to five guys in a biker gang.
He got out early for bad behavior. So bad the prison couldn't deal with him so they pushed him back onto society to deal with.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We aren't stealing anything. What do you expect from the company that actually makes the parts for your vehicle? These aren't cheap **** you can find at AutoZone, this is the real OEM components that were included with your vehicle from the factory. So when you find that your alternator costs $315 from the manufacturer you can rest assured that your not buying some POS from an aftermarket company that made it in China for pennies on the dollar. People seem to forget that when you buy OEM you had better expect to pay top dollar for something that is made to last.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Problem with that is that half the time the OEM part is made by the same people as after market and many times the aftermarket is of better quality. Not everything from the factory is better. I would love to go to my dealer to buy parts but when they carry something that should be 50 bucks on the high end and theya re selling it for 300 I just cannot throw my money away like that. Why is it the same part, same brand, identical part number cost three to for times as much at the dealer? I would support them in every way if they were reasonable with what they charge. They are not!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
While I can't speak for other dealerships, I can speak for Toyota. Our OEM parts are manufactured either in America or Japan and are exclusive to Toyota. We don't put aftermarket parts in the vehicles we service, unless we absolutely have to (and that's a very rare occasion).

Besides, we're the only genuinely "Made in America" vehicle company ;)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
See Tina! I told you he wouldn't get all butt hurt over a nickname that fits perfectly.
BTW: The starter I bought for my Jeep from AutoZone came from Toledo Ohio Japan China.
Ohio.... Isn't that how they say "hello" in Japanese? (I know it's spelled 'ohayo' but who cares?)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts