Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1832 Posts

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You learn something new everyday, right so why not share?!

Most people know that “Video Killed the Radio Star” was MTV’s first video, but do you know the second video to air? It was Pat Benetar’s “You Better Run.”
:cool:

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i'll go again.
The term 'bug', when referring to computers or software, dates back to when computers were huge, hulking machines that took up entire rooms. Moths and other flying insects would wander into the machinery and get caught in sensitive parts, causing errors.
http://www.allrandomfacts.com/view/Facts/2081

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Oh... Crap.... I'm one of those trivia people so I'll be building my post count here.

More stuff you didn't know you need to know:

Approximately 80% of all paper money in the US contains traces of cocaine. I wonder why.
Speaking of paper.... did you know the average roll of toilet paper has 333 pieces? Good to know eh?

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Guinness world record for the most stolen book from public libraries is the Guinness World Record book itself.
i cant get my stuff to not be underlined???

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Did you know bats always turn left when exiting a cave? It's good information to have.

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kangaroos cannot move their legs one at a time, its a package deal ;)

well..their hind legs,their hands can.just to clarify.

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i honestly dont know. but i can look it up! lol im afraid of what will come up in the search, but oh wel.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
When I was 11yo I ate my first Taco Bell food.
Everything on the menu was nineteen cents and drinks were ten cents.
It was in Downey California. During the summer I would sometimes go to work with my dad and we would always stop by there and eat on the way home. They eventually opened one in Pomona and you could stuff yourself for under a dollar including a drink!
They also had a sandwich called the BellBeefer that was a taco on a bun. They discontinued it when they started their "Think outside the bun" advertising campaign. It is still to this day the number one item requested to be put back on the menu. (Del Taco has them).

I found a pic of the original store in Downey. The original owner started out with a hot dog stand in San Bernadino. That's the same way Carl Karcher started out (Carl's Jr.)

All the Taco Bells had that statue of the Mexican in the sombrero out front. Mexican activists got the Califonia congress to make him remove them all as they felt it was offensive.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Another eatery I remember as a kid was Burger Chef. They have long since been gone here in California but they were still around in the midwest until 1996. They at one point were a larger chain than McDonalds. They sold off to Hardees.
Their first hamburgers sold for 15 cents. In the late 1950s, they created the first "value combo" as a hamburger, fries, and soft drink for 45¢ (50¢ with a milkshake).
My family had five kids so my parents loved to treat us and they could do it on a budget there. Their hamburgers were really good, and if we behaved they would let us get a shake too.

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I was 11yo I ate my first Taco Bell food.
Everything on the menu was nineteen cents and drinks were ten cents.
It was in Downey California. During the summer I would sometimes go to work with my dad and we would always stop by there and eat on the way home. They eventually opened one in Pomona and you could stuff yourself for under a dollar including a drink!
They also had a sandwich called the BellBeefer that was a taco on a bun. They discontinued it when they started their "Think outside the bun" advertising campaign. It is still to this day the number one item requested to be put back on the menu. (Del Taco has them).

I found a pic of the original store in Downey. The original owner started out with a hot dog stand in San Bernadino. That's the same way Carl Karcher started out (Carl's Jr.)

All the Taco Bells had that statue of the Mexican in the sombrero out front. Mexican activists got the Califonia congress to make him remove them all as they felt it was offensive.
sadly...i love taco bell.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Sadly you must not have Del Tacos where you live.

1 - 20 of 1832 Posts