Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tossing around the idea of getting kicker speakers for my Jeep, KS525's for the doors (my doors do not come off for any reason), KS40's for my soundbar and I was thinking about getting KS69's mounted in the rear somewhere, facing forward. Maybe in a custom low profile box, because i like the little space my Jeep has to offer (and the backseat comes out sometimes for stuff).

Any opinions on their KS gear? I saw on JeepForum where someone used one of these Sound Wedges with an adapter plate to house a Kicker 6.5" COMPTV subwoofer. I'd be using 2 though.

Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
All i know about them is that i can't afford them...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kicker KS speakers aren't expensive... Infact they're rather inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I was just basing that on the name...I didn't actually look. :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. I'm not putting $200 speakers in my Jeep. I'm putting maybe $200 WORTH of speakers in it :rofl:

Minus the woofer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
kicker is really just selling on their name now. the last 2 sets i had sucked. I now run pioneer or alpine if i dont want to spend a lot of money. my DD/tow rig has JL audio XR speakers in it, they were around $800 a pair retail new.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I have the dash speakers and a sound bar. I never listen to the radio when I'm wheeling so I don't know why I have them.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
i always wanted to do ammo box speakers. just never did em. Sound bar and dash speakers all tho the driver side speaker just blewup in my soundbar and it now rattles like crazy so annoying >.<

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After much thought on the subject, I think the best route to go with for a moderate system is a low profile subwoofer under the rear seat, the sound wedges between the roll bar, and either 4x6 speakers in the dash, or 6x9 speakers in your doors. A sound bar is also nice, because it also adds some light (typically).

I managed to fit 6x9's in my doors, and they work pretty well. Just need to find some of that fuzzy insulation stuff to stick behind the door to send all of the sound inside. Like I mentioned in my OP, my doors don't come off.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Did you ever see the write-up the guy did adding subs into the rear seat? Pretty trick set-up.
I'm trying to keep the electronics to a bare minimum in my Jeep, so no amps etc....
My DD Avalanche has the system and the DVD headrests etc...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my sub box that I built for the only "dead space" in the JK. I have since cut the hole bigger and stuffed a 10" Polk MM in there. The carpet is back in but eventually will do some bedliner. Just deciding on a color since the black always seems to get white and ashy after a while.

Attachments

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
After much thought on the subject, I think the best route to go with for a moderate system is a low profile subwoofer under the rear seat, the sound wedges between the roll bar, and either 4x6 speakers in the dash, or 6x9 speakers in your doors. A sound bar is also nice, because it also adds some light (typically).

I managed to fit 6x9's in my doors, and they work pretty well. Just need to find some of that fuzzy insulation stuff to stick behind the door to send all of the sound inside. Like I mentioned in my OP, my doors don't come off.
Polyfil?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Polyfill&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4378959300215157094&sa=X&ei=ZMgyT-fID8nd0QHIyqHCBw&ved=0CEUQ8gIwAA

·
Registered
320 Posts

I've got a set of 6.5's for sale if you need them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts