Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching the news right now and they are talking about how not a lot of travelers are using this airport and they are asking for help (Bail out).

I travel and a lot of people I know travel and we all would love to use this airport every time but paying an extra hundred bucks for a ticket to save 30 minutes drive time is not going to get me in there. If they could make the ticket price a little closer to LAX I would jump on using ONT airport.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I just watched a tv investigation regarding the Ontario Airport. I learned that the airport is owned by LAX and is controlled by them, and this is why they charge you more to fly in and out of Ontario. They are pushing the money into their baby (LAX), where they also receive their special city taxes. The city of Ontario is actively trying to acquire the airport for themselves and will immediately begin a price war, and should blow the prices down there. I use to fly to Hawaii via Ontario, which I can arrive within 15 minutes, but now I am forced to drive 2 hours to LAX to fly to the islands. This really sucks!

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my house to ONT I can go from my front door to the plane itself in less then an hour. It takes me at least an hour and a half to get to LAX and who knows how long to get on the plane.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Airport money saver

I recently returned from a trip to Tennessee and learned something that I want to pass on. We originally rented one car for 4 adults and a baby, and after packing in the luggage, we found the car was just too small. An upgrade was going to cost an additional $40 per day, so I headed out to every rental car booth to inquire if they had cars for rent without a reservation. Everyone told me they had plenty of cars, but without an appointment, no cars were available except for two cars which would run us $89 per day.

I then had a real honest rental gal who felt bad for us and began whispering to us. She asked if I had a cell phone with internet access. When I told her yes, she said to sit at the couch about 5 feet away, type in Travelocity, and book a car through them. I got on the site which listed every car by price range, and found Advantage was the cheapest, running $18 per day. I ordered a car with just my e-mail address, pushed the confirmation button, and immediately walked to the counter. They asked for my e-mail address and was surprised my conformation was already on their computer. The money transaction was conducted at the counter, and walked away for a car for two full days for $50.54 (had to include airport taxes). Considering a walk up was going to run ~$200, I saved $150 just by using my Droid.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate companies that do that, why cant the price be the same no matter where you pay or sign up. But it seems that everyone is doing it now days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts