Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing was to remove bed from trailer, remove flooring and other bad metal. Then we built a frame for the bed and wood flooring we are going to put in it.

Attachments

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next will be spacers and wheels and tires, Then sand prep, paint, and lights. all LEDS.
Then a pipe rack, Water tank , Jeep hard top storage rack, T-top rack, and door mounts. Moving at a good pace, and a special thanks to my friend Brad Price for his work and help. will post as we move along.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am only curious on weight, if it is not heavy that would be an awesome trailer for camping.
Yeah it is going to be somewhat heavy, I wouldnt take it rock crawling or extreme trails. But no problem off road, snow, or mud.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
mohozoo said:
$200.00 A great deal, I have found three others for the same price, but for full size trucks.
Thats awesome. Really a great idea. Is there a lot of weight? I know the 2 we have at work are steel bodied.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not real heavy, probably about 400 lbs now wit frames and all. once I get wheels on it I will get it weighed. Its off of a Nissan mini pickup.
:D

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I thought about doing something like this a long time ago.
I was thinking something like this on top of it but have it flip over the tongue would be really cool..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like it. I pull about 2500 to 3000 lbs with my TJ and it handles it well on power and torque but the suspension is another issue all together. I would avoid going over 55 MPH it gets kinda squirrelly any faster.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like it. I pull about 2500 to 3000 lbs with my TJ and it handles it well on power and torque but the suspension is another issue all together. I would avoid going over 55 MPH it gets kinda squirrelly any faster.
Thanks for the tip. I pull a larger 12' x 6' trailer and have no issues. I dont know if its the longer wheel base on the Jeep, or trailer load distribution.:rolleyes:

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This weekend I willl start sanding and prepping for paint next week.
Next will be add the floor (wood planks), Then pipe rack.. I will be able to mount my wifes or my hard tops on it and have racks to mount the doors on. Put a 20 - 25 gallon water tank, a small portable generator, and welder. Then the camping gear.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.