Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

~ Off Road Expo-Pomona CA Oct 6 & 7 ~

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  RikRotorhead 
#1 ·
I go to this every year. Some pretty cool stuff and lots of cool Jeeps.
(I need to mention the eye candy too)

If you are in the area, check out the expo...

http://www.offroadexpo.com/

#3 ·
Actually last year was better than the two previous years when the economy first took a dump.
There is a tool there that you need now that you have a plasma cutter. I can't remember the name of it but when you see it you will want it.
A lot of the stuff at the show is geared toward the newer JKs but there is still a bunch of stuff for other Jeeps.
Did I mention there is lots of eye candy? Free stickers and hats? Cool stuff you probably don't need?

#12 ·
Actually last year was better than the two previous years when the economy first took a dump.
There is a tool there that you need now that you have a plasma cutter. I can't remember the name of it but when you see it you will want it.
A lot of the stuff at the show is geared toward the newer JKs but there is still a bunch of stuff for other Jeeps.
Did I mention there is lots of eye candy? Free stickers and hats? Cool stuff you probably don't need?
That's what I thought, two years ago was so small, then last year was like going to the LA county fair for off road!

#5 ·
Baby will be born Sept. 20. Showtime the baby will be three weeks old. Time to toss her into the stroller and expose her to the magical world of off roading doncha' think?

#6 ·
RikRotorhead said:
I like stickers and hats.
No where here to get cool stickers and hats.

#7 ·
My ten year old son goes with me every year and fills a big bag with all the freebies.
I have lots of hats, he has lots of stickers and stuff.
Every other booth has a big candy dish too. I have to watch him like a hawk or he will be all wired up on sugar.
Did I mention the eye candy too?

#9 ·
Ontario International is right down the street from the show. Sent me your flight information.

#11 ·
Yeah the Pamona Fairplex is, well, pretty much total crap. Why can't they do it in a nice location like the San Diego Convention Center? Or even the Anaheim Convention Center?

Wait, probably because they could get the PF for dirt cheap since the bums that run the place can be paid in beer and toilet paper :D :eek:

#13 ·
I don't know.... I didn't smell urine except in the bathroom. And the Pomona Fairgrounds are really old. You cannot expect perfection. The place is amazingly clean for it's age, and they have a lot of staff to keep it that way.
Having it in Pomona puts it in a more central location for LA, Riverside, San Bernadino, and San Diego Counties to have access to it.
It's about sixty miles from my house but well worth the drive. It's only ten dollars to get in, but the parking is expensive. I eat before I go because the food vendors are like ball park prices.
Last year's show was pretty damn good considering how bad the economy still is/was.
This year they are not open on Friday which is going to make Saturday and Sunday a bit more crowded.
I have gotten some pretty good bargains on stuff there, and some stuff you can get cheaper on line. Know what you are wanting to buy and do your homework before you go. The vendors can give you deals if you ask. Quite a few items that I used to build my Jeep came from that show a lot cheaper than I could find them anywhere else.
As far as the beer and toilet paper comment goes..... not sure where that came from, but maybe you are in the know about how the owners (city of Pomona and County of Los Angeles) are bums. The San Diego Convention Center would be hugely expensive and imagine if you lived in LA, would you drive that far for the show?
4WheelParts put on an Off Road Show at the SDCC once, nobody came. Now they do it in Ontario's Convention Center every year. It's crowded.
Anyway... I am going, probably on Sunday.

#16 ·
There is a vendor there that has a killer BBQ beef sammich.
Beer is $8 btw. Watered down as it is.

#25 ·
I'll buy the fuel if you let me drive!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.