Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 wrangler with new LUK clutch (2000 miles): This jeep sits a lot, drive only summers and occasional weekends/ garaged. Today, when I stepped on the clutch pedal and pushed to the floor, a scraping noise was heard. If I let the clutch out, no noise or if I didn't push it all the way to the floor to shift. The real crazy thing was that at the same time, the Emergency brake light came on. The E brake light stayed on while driving without any problems (the e brake was not engaged).

After stopping and restarting, the entire problem disappeared. However, it has happened twice today. Really puzzled. Most people would say throughout bearing, but clutch is very high quality and almost new. The clutch kit came with new throughout bearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an older post with no replies, just wondering if issue was resolved? Have a 98 TJ and it just started doing the exact thing described here. Loud squeal when clutch all the way in, goes away as let clutch part way out, shifts fine, brake light on even when emergency brake not engaged. Doesn’t do it all the time but when it does brake light is on??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.