Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2004 KLR 650. Less than 15K miles. All stock, doesn't even have the doohickey mod done to it. Runs so well, fires right up, and has gobs of torque. So excited. Been riding it all afternoon.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you get that one? Is it street legal?
Through a complex network of hookups, and a bit of cash. It's 100% street legal. Have put 40 miles on it since I bought it yesterday, also took it offroad for the first time in its entire life.:cool::eek:

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I thought that rear tire looked a little smooth fora dirt bike....dual sport?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that rear tire looked a little smooth fora dirt bike....dual sport?
Actually it's a street tire... The PO used it to commute, and that's the extent of its use. I, however, have more free time on my hands and plenty of trails to offroad around. Debating between getting dirt tires, or just buying supermoto wheels/tires..

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Nice, have a blast on that bad boy

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I've been wanting to get the Honda version of the same bike. I had a dual sport long ago and loved it.
And guess what? Yes there are forums for those too.
I read an article recently about a trail that stretches all the way across the country that is off road all the way. It is completely passable by dual sport, but a four wheel vehicle would have to use roads in a few spots. That sounds like fun.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was thinking the same thing, that could be a real nice trip. Fly to one end, buy a good, lightly used bike. Ride the whole length of it, take my time doing it, sell the bike, and fly home.
F*** that, ride the bike there, ride through, ride home. You get attached to something with that many miles between your legs ;)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I talked about doing this trip with my son quite a few years ago.
We figured we would buy dual sports, toss them on the back of the motorhome, drive to the closest trail end, ride the trail and have my wife drive the motorhome with the daughter. At days end we would re-connect with the motorhome or pre-arrange a time/place to meet up. That way we would only have to carry the minimum survival stuff on the bikes and would have a backup plan if one of the bikes or riders had a catastrophic failure.
I figure about two weeks would be all it would take. One of those bucket list items I've had for a long time. My son is older now and has kids of his own, but my youngest son and I have talked about it a few times. He's only ten but 99% of it is off road so he could do it. Still have a motorhome and a woman and daughter to go along. Maybe I should think about this again.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boom.

New fenders improve the looks of the ride, always :cool:

Now just to get the rear fender bolted up..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts