• Automatic transmission

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Manual Transmission.

Votes: 17 73.9%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I didn't see an "I don't care either way" choice.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
on the rocks and mud you need an auto,,, i live in new england,,, we have 3 types of trails--- rocks, mud and muddy rocks,,,, auto all the way

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
:thumb: all women should be able to, personal opinion.
I agree but know as many guys who can't. I think everyone should be able to drive a manual and automatic. You never what situation might arise when you might need to drive either.. All my kids will know how to drive both..

Side note, I dated a girl in high school who only drove manual transmissions. Got drunk at a party and she didn't know how to drive my automatic car. It was an adventure. I never knew anyone who couldn't drive an automatic before. Yes she was blonde.

·
Jeep flyer
4,746 Posts
Chris said:
A guy in the last couple weeks tried to carjack someone here in LA but couldn't drive the manual. He got busted.
Just quoting you cause I have to quote someone.

If you can't drive a manual in my family your screwed
2013 be beetle 6 speed
2008 yaris 6 speed
2006 jeep wrangler 6 speed
1998 jeep wrangler 5speed
1974 be bug 4 speed.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hate driving automagics, especially going up hills. Normally I downshift into a lower gear to get the engine into a better powerband before climbing said hill, but an auto just bogs way down THEN downshifts.

Won't buy anything but a manual.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Xpress said:
Hate driving automagics, especially going up hills. Normally I downshift into a lower gear to get the engine into a better powerband before climbing said hill, but an auto just bogs way down THEN downshifts.

Won't buy anything but a manual.
If you had one behind a decent motor that would not be a problem.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.