Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ag. Shop Teacher
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I have 87 Wrangler,4.2 5 speed(BA-10...soon to be AX-15) and RUST!!!!
I bought this jeep as a AG.class(s) shop PROJECT for this year AND Yep.... I am the AG. TEACHER---well sometimes I am the student-BECAUSE I am alway learning new "stuff", some good and some bad :D.
In the shop we are finish building a 18' equipment trailer and restoring a Massey Ferguson MF 35(TO35)--4 cylinder GAS engine (Continental -- Z134 engine). Tractor has been COMPLETELY restored and converted to 12 volt electrical system. We rebuilt the engine, radiator, rebuilt starter, new clutch and pto, new paint, new tires, lights and new seat.
We also have restored and improved several 86-87 Buick Grand National tubro cars, lift kits on full size trucks. Now for the Ag. "stuff"--- we repair,maintain farm/feild equipment for farmers in our area;also we have 15 acres at school that we plant for our farm animals(that we raise and sale). THESE are just a few of the things that we do!!!!
We(my students and I) are looking forward to "playing" with the jeep in shop class.
We do-not know very much about jeeps... so we are looking to reading,reading and researching/learning from "Wrangler Forum" and it's members.
Below is the 18' trailer(unfinished in this cellphone picture) that we painted Sat. We hope to have some finished photos of it in the next week and some of the other projects!!!!

Attachments

·
Ag. Shop Teacher
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sleeper ride for sure.....

Welcome, It's nice to see someone teaching AG.

Those Buicks are some beautiful vehicles.
Our 87' GN runs 10-30's(1/4 mile) at 136mph with 26psi of boost with STOCK long block and gets 21mpg with the A/C on at 70-75mph on road trips:D. ALL of theses numbers on unleaded pump gas and a little methanol(spraying under boost):). Not bad for a V6 engine.

·
Hey, y'all watch this!
5,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Welcome to WB, this is usually where I would ask for pics of the Jeep but I really wanna see the GN. I have always liked them and have had a few hand me my a$$ at the track in my straight liners.

·
Ag. Shop Teacher
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Pic's of TOY!!!

Welcome to WB, this is usually where I would ask for pics of the Jeep but I really wanna see the GN. I have always liked them and have had a few hand me my a$$ at the track in my straight liners.
Here a few pic's of the 87'GN....2 NOS bottles in trunk:D
My students design the audio box and system and the trunk kit(2 bottle NOS "wet" setup). They also, did ALL the work on upgrades..... from Front bumper to Rear bumper. ALL I did was supply the MONEY and alot of "butt chewing" to my students for not researching before we started a project/activity on the car!!!! Looking back on the build (took 3 years to complete) it was a GREAT learning project and FUN for my students and myself!!! We have entered in many car show placed at all and won several!!!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts