Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically, we move next Monday from Kansas City to Florida chasing a job opportunity. Just wanted to say hello. Looking forward to getting to know other Jeep peeps across the country. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice Bumble.

Welcome!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Welcome.
It's going to be a little different in Florida than it is in Kansas. Enjoy! Good luck on the job.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It will be interesting to hear what kinds of things are different that you didn't expect. Like the mosquitoes you can put a saddle on, a snake in your car in the morning, that alligator on your back porch, stuff like that.
Keep us posted. I think you will like the place. Especially in the winter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We lived in Michigan for a while where the mosquitoes are big enough to saddle. I know what that's like. :) As far as the alligators...I'm anxious to see some but just not on my back porch. LOL I was hoping my Jeep was tight enough that snakes wouldn't get in there...is that not the case? :eek: I'm not looking forward to certain things like Palmetto bugs..but, most everything else, I think will be just as I expect it. *famous last words*

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Oh yeah.... I forgot about those lovely creatures....... And they can fly too.

The Florida woods cockroach (Eurycotis floridana), or palmetto bug is a large species of cockroach, which usually grows to a length of 1½ inch to 2 inches. It is black in color, and has a wide, glossy body, and appears at first glance to be wingless, however it does have very short wings just beneath its head, which are used for flying. The cockroach, when disturbed, often emits a strong, disagreeable odor, which leads to it being referred to as the "stinking coackroach".[1] The Florida woods roach looks remarkably similar to the female Oriental cockroach, and the two could be mistaken for each other by the casual observer.
I have friends and relatives that lived in Florida. They all told me stories about snakes in their cars. Mostly under the hood but one told me about a snake in the back seat floor.
Sure is pretty there tho'. Great beaches (full of sharks and poisenous jellyfish), great weather (hurricanes, tornados) nice people (illegal aliens from not only Mexico but Cuba and South America), and plenty of business opportunities (drug cartels, prostitution, crack dealers).

Am I cheering you up? lol

Seriously, it's nice there.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Happy Birthday!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I think Rik scared Island Girl off with the snake in the car comment...:rolleyes:
I scare a lot of people off.
Can't handle the heat, stay out of Florida I say.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
RikRotorhead said:
I scare a lot of people off.
Can't handle the heat, stay out of Florida I say.
Having lived here for almost 20 years, I cant figure out why anybody would want to retire here. I can't wait to leave this place.

·
79 Posts
Welcome to the site. Keep yours eyes open for Jeeptoberfest coming up. 26-28 Oct 2012 Out by Ocala, Fl. Look it up online, and they have Jeep Beach in Daytona in May.
Hope to see you around, Be safe and keep the rubber side down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts