Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So here is the deal. I'm parting my race car and selling parts pretty cheap. I have 2 guys that each naught stuff by Gaithersburgh MD. So.. I told them I'm thinking about running my transmission to a shop there and that we could work something out for me bring parts down. So I was supposed to go down this Saturday and so I emailed them a list of parts that they wanted to verify and to say that I would like each to pitch in 50.00 to help with my expenses considering I'm traveling 270 miles each way. Both flipped. Am I out of line here or is that reasonable?? I never said free shipping just that we could work it out...

Opinions please...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Considering fuel prices I would say that is pretty fair. The 100 bucks wouldn't cover the loss of your day. You do them a huge favor for very cheap and they do not appreciate it, there are words for that. With a bit of patience you'll get it sold to somebody that appreciates it.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Email them and tell them that is the deal and you need to stick to it. Gas and time are expensive.
OR.... They can each pay $50 for shipping the parts and take a chance on the stuff not making it or being damaged.
Get the money up front via PayPal. They sound cheap. You don't want to get burned.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I'll pay you $50 and buy your parts but you need to drive to CA.

Really that is not unreasonable for the distance and time it takes. Would it be any cheaper to ship them.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shipping would be freight. Between the two of them the entire front clip, frame and all is going... Min freight cost is 265. 1 guy apologized apparently his "no way" response was a mistake (wrong text to wrong person". He is ok with it and wants to buy yet more parts. The other guy is standing firm. I hate being a jerk, it's just not me, but the wife is pissed and I offended...

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Just start marking up the parts to cover these costs. In my business if I put a line item for mobilization or fuel or anything like that people complain but if I include it in the price no one ever complains.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, that's because they don't know about it.. Lol

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
08, i have smashed and tossed parts because some douch did not want to play nice,,,, i would rather toss parts in the garbage than stoop and make someone happy,,, its just not in my nature,, i say E"f the 2nd guy and not sell to him,,, mark the prices up and sell them on graigs list.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
that sounds reasonable. with gas coasts going threw the roof. and its not like your getting paid to deliver them thats covering your fuel coasts. your still doing them a huge favor.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I told him 260 for freight and asked for his address. Story changed real fast..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.