Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They failed me today.

I went to

Pep boys
O'reilly
Autozone
Walmart
Napa

Looking for a Flowmaster 40 series in 3" in/out offset/offset and a K&N filter to fit my airbox.

Nobody had either in stock and all would have to order.

Got to Napa and they asked me make and model just like the other places, they tell me they don't show any Flowmaster for the truck. I said ok it is a Flowmaster 40 series in 3" in/out offset/offset, he said they have no way of looking it up so they can't get it. I said can't you call your rep and tell him what you need? He said no!

On to the filter. I ask for it and he says no problem they have to order it. 67 bucks with 12 buck shipping. I said I have to pay you 12 bucks for you to ship a part to your store from your supplier? He said yup.

I have lost all confidence in them today. It's sad when I get better service from the idiot at Autozone.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Which store did you go to, the one off Jefferson?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
They aren't really helpful at that one. I only go there last. It appears you did too.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Nobody seems happy to be working there.
The only person there that really tries is the woman that works at the parts counter. Everybody else acts like they have something else to do besides taking care of you.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Oh I see you had the only gay guy helping you. lol j/k

·
Registered
979 Posts
There are very few parts people left that actually know their job. Since all the parts got categorized inside their computer program any minimum wage person can actually pretend to be an autoparts person. On top of that it is at times easier to look it up online and then order it with free shipping

·
Premium Member
4,987 Posts
Well, that surprises me. The NAPA around here are about the only ones left who speak English as a primary language and are helpful for getting anything I've ever needed. I've never been charged for shipping an item that they had to order.

I cannot begin to express how much I detest Pepboys and their lousy parts they handle.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
PepBoys is still in business? I haven't been to one of those in years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.