Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was raining yesterday and I pushed the lever over to VENT and the other one on COOL>... Fan did not come on and the air coming out was Warm to Hot. I switched to DEF and the air was cool and the fan ran. I am guessing the vent was not opening to the outside???? There is a purple wire under the panel that is not attached to anything. Also, my baby is an 88 YJ. Thanks for any advice and keep in mind that I am new to the whole jeep thing so keep it simple.:D

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
The wire is under what panel? It doesn't matter because it doesn't go to the fan since the fan came on in defroster mode.
The problem is probably in the controller. Without seeing it I can't really tell what is wrong. You should be able to see the cable moving on the heater housing when you put it into vent mode.
I'll take a look at mine today and get you more details.
And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine does this too. I think the vent comes out the passenger side. The warm air (for me anyway) is from taking the whole heating assembly (the big black box with the fan under the dash) and not getting it back in lined up right. I replaced a heater core in the winter then has freezing cold air on my feet the whole ride lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wire is under what panel? It doesn't matter because it doesn't go to the fan since the fan came on in defroster mode.
The problem is probably in the controller. Without seeing it I can't really tell what is wrong. You should be able to see the cable moving on the heater housing when you put it into vent mode.
I'll take a look at mine today and get you more details.
And welcome to the site.
AH HAH!!!! The Vent cable wasn't connected to the controller!!!! It is now and amazing... AIRFLOW!:D Thanks!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I'm glad is was something simple for you. You are welcome.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I love easy fixes! :D

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Internet Owner