Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get this phone call from the bank, not the bank I use everyday. They wanted to let me know the the DMV sent them a levy for an unpaid registration of $112 so they paid it and charged me a $100 service charge for doing so since there is a lot of paperwork.

Well I don't have any unpaid registration. I called the DMV and they also don't know what it is for but they won't refund my money. So as of now I am out $212 for who knows what.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
WTF?

That sounds like my insurance guy dumping my homeowners policy and not telling me... >.<

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Called them back and told them they better have cash ready for me tomorrow because I am closing my account and don't want a check. I got a call back two minutes later saying that they never do but they will make an exception and return the hundred dollar charge.

·
4,987 Posts
What about the bogus 112 DMV fee. Who gave them authorization to pay it? I would want it all back.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called the DMV and they didn't know what it was and said I will have to call the Franchise tax board and figure it out with them. They will get that call tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kinda dumb that they take money but there is no record of for what with the people asking for the money.

I am wondering why they didn't try to get it from the bank I deal with everyday for the last 15 years and went for the account that has been open for a few months.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Isn't it funny how with any debtor you better have their money NOW. But when they screw up its all up to you to figure it out and then when you do prove them wrong you have to wait to get your money back....

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like how if the government thinks you owe them money they can take or freeze everything you own, but if you are owed money from them it is not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I really like how if the government thinks you owe them money they can take or freeze everything you own, but if you are owed money from them it is not a big deal.

I agree Chris, the IRS deducted from my retirement for MONTHS till I proved them wrong and that they owed me money. I was told by one of there agents that he had no idea when I will get my money, or when I will get back the retirement money they owe me, but that I would get it back with interest.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interest my ass. If you do it will be .0001% and only for the years after you proved them wrong and not for the whole time they were stealing from you. I am surprised with a Government like ours that will lie cheat and steal like they do that they even need to think about raising taxes for more stupid programs and people to take more of my hard earned money. That is all.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah, while I was on the phone with the bank they felt they needed to let me know that they are a not a non profit so that is why the 100 dollar charge. I said I put xx,000 dollars in the bank for you to do as you wish and make your own interest off of and you have the nerve to bitch about a hundred bucks. Banks are getting up there with the government in my book. I am soo happy my day to day bank really understands business and how to keep a customer.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
That's why i won't deal with anything other than small local banks. My money gets insured just the same and you get much better customer service.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's why i won't deal with anything other than small local banks. My money gets insured just the same and you get much better customer service.
This is a small town bank. I use two banks, both small local bank. The first one takes care of me like no other, this one is greedy it seems.

I use banks as little as possible, crooks, nothing more. I have no respect for banks the way they treat people. And how can they just take money out of your account, only you should be able to. And then charge you a hundred dollar fee for stealing your hundred and twelve to start with, wow. Theft, plain and simple theft !
I agree!

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I hope you get it in full. I've had issues with banks. They act like you're the one who messed up.

Over draft? For what? You don't know? No record of the transaction but you charged me for it? Return my money. Do it now. I don't care.

Bank of America.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a falling out with BofA years ago and got to ride in a cruiser to a station because of it. I got hit with the snowball effect. It was before they stopped your card at the gas pump when you were out of money. I went over by .30 cents and went straight to the bank and deposited money through the ATM since it was after hours. I thought nothing of it but when I went to the bank a few days later to make a deposit I found out I was -$300. They had given me a 30 dollar charge for overdrafting the first time and since I had deposited a few bucks to cover the overdraft, that 30 dollar charge put me back into the negative so I got another 30 dollar charge which somehow got me another 50 dollar charge and so on. Somehow it got to just over $300 in a couple days all over .30 cents. While in the bank I let them know how I felt about the situation so they called the cops and I got brought to the station for terrorist activities since this was just after 9/11 and everyone was paranoid. After explaining the situation in full I was let go and was forced to pay my debt and close my account and not return to the bank again.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I had a falling out with BofA years ago and got to ride in a cruiser to a station because of it. I got hit with the snowball effect. It was before they stopped your card at the gas pump when you were out of money. I went over by .30 cents and went straight to the bank and deposited money through the ATM since it was after hours. I thought nothing of it but when I went to the bank a few days later to make a deposit I found out I was -$300. They had given me a 30 dollar charge for overdrafting the first time and since I had deposited a few bucks to cover the overdraft, that 30 dollar charge put me back into the negative so I got another 30 dollar charge which somehow got me another 50 dollar charge and so on. Somehow it got to just over $300 in a couple days all over .30 cents. While in the bank I let them know how I felt about the situation so they called the cops and I got brought to the station for terrorist activities since this was just after 9/11 and everyone was paranoid. After explaining the situation in full I was let go and was forced to pay my debt and close my account and not return to the bank again.

The more you post the more I like you. Sounds like something I would do. thumbsup.gif

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just don't get people thinking some times. I live in reality where you don't get to steal from people just because you wrote it on a piece of paper and forewarned them. People tell me all the time I am crazy for putting cash in my safe. I tell them that that is the safest cash I have, nobody can take it just because they feel I owe them.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I just don't get people thinking some times. I live in reality where you don't get to steal from people just because you wrote it on a piece of paper and forewarned them. People tell me all the time I am crazy for putting cash in my safe. I tell them that that is the safest cash I have, nobody can take it just because they feel I owe them.

We do the same thing, once burned, twice shy. thumbsup.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts