Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
That is sweet. Are you trying to compete with me on how many projects one can have going on at one time.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really, both Jeeps are doing what they need to do.
Got a little side project in a couple of weeks that will make some change to spend on this thing. Will see if I can borrow some Toyota axles and tires from a friend to see how it all fits. This thing should not need big heavy axles, want to try and keep it as light as possible

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
If you go six lug I have two 16 inch rims you can have for spares. Or they will see the scrap yard. I just got rid of a built Toyota axle. Bad timing.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Motor/trans came with?? What's in there, can tell on my phone by looks.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Nice. Plenty of power and still lighter then V8 + turbo 350

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the beginnings of tinkertoy 2 aka alleviate boredom sitting in the garage.
Gonna shoot for a wheelbase somewhere between 114 and 119"
Just talked to a friend at work who is going to let me use some Toyota axles for mockup. I am very curious how that is going to work out. Will be fun to cook up a suspension for this thing. Rear will be double triangulated 4 link. Front either a wishbone trilink upper or a 4 link if I can fit it in there. This frame is narrow, not a whole lot of room. It's gonna have full hydro, since it came with an orbital. Got it sitting about at the belly height that I want.
Want to run the Pitbulls on this pup

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Looks like a fun toy, can't wait to be wheeling with it or any of the other Tinkertoys...

Also what side drop are Toyota axles? My buddy is still looking for a set for his CJ-5.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I talked to my buddy that has a front and rear axle that I am going to borrow and he seems to remember that it's a driversidedrop. I'll find out this weekend when I pick them up. You can always cut the ends of flip the thing and then glue it all back together since the pumkin comes out atleast I think you could gonna look at that if it's a passenger drop

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Let me know. Those seem to be a little easier to find up in the mountains. We are just trying to get him away from drum brakes and would like to get a bit wider off possible.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
1974 cuda rally package car total resto, 1971 duster 4spd 340 needs paint motor has some kind of alu shavings in it so i gotta do that, total'd jeep-parting out, 2011 raptor needs tires, front brakes i think not really a project, 1999 firebird 3800 series v6 needs a total sound system, new rims. thats all i can think of at the moment i did have a 1979 dt250 project indoro but i got rid of that about 5 months ago. bladez scooter needs some small stuff. watcha got?

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Jeep Project of course, 94 F250 project, Sand rail needs a lot of love, two quads that need love. Ski boat, Fishing boat project Polaris ranger complete build, Mountain house project (thats a huge one) the house I live in never ending project and a pregnant woman at home.

I want to add a classic car to the list but need to get rid of a few others first.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 jeeps, a buggy, house remodeling trying to keep up with my wild garden, two shepherds and wife while working 50 plus hours for a living keeps me from being bored :D

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
i golf, kayak, camp, fish, cook, clean, have a lot of se..... And am mostly retired.

Oh you guys meant projects, not who has free time to play and enjoy ahhhhh, my bad :)

thumbsup.gif .....................

1 - 20 of 194 Posts