Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still have to add a few touches to it but I'm happy with it so far.

Sliders/Steps

I will be building a rear bumper with tire carrier soon, since I will be lifting it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
So you're saying you didn't buy those from a company? Because those are CLEAN...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I love the look of a nice weld but, some of them are cleaned up and ground down because I was trying to go for a cleaner look.

And no, I didn't buy them!! There are more competitive prices now than there were when the JK first came out but when I got my first JK in '07 nothing was cheap. This time around I figured I would build as much as I could on my own. One reason being money, the stuff I like always seems to be out of my price range! The second is, to be different. There are a million ways to build a Jeep but only so many parts to choose from. I like when people come up to me and ask where I got it and I can say, I built it. I always tell them, I can build it for them too but no one ever says ok! Which makes me wonder if they really like it!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Maybe they think you will charge too much 'cuz you drive one of those expensive four doors?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe they think you will charge too much 'cuz you drive one of those expensive four doors?
Lol!
I wouldn't get any satisfaction out of taking too much of some ones hard earned money.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I think it is a damn nice bumper and I would sport one on my YJ if it could hold a winch and was not too expensive.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Shipping would be pricey. I would definitely take one if you were local. Any idea what you would charge to make one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take one too. They are sweet.
I think it is a damn nice bumper and I would sport one on my YJ if it could hold a winch and was not too expensive.
If I knew someone near me with a YJ in NJ that I could take my measurements from I would be more than happy to make them. It is built to handle a winch, I just haven't purchased one yet. I went by everyone else's specs as far as thickness of materials.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
They don't have CJ's YJ's and TJ's in NJ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shipping would be pricey. I would definitely take one if you were local. Any idea what you would charge to make one?
I would have to check the steel yard I use for pricing because they have gone up since I got the steel for this. I don't remember what I paid for it last time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They don't have CJ's YJ's and TJ's in NJ?
Not anyone I know and I don't want to measure off a random Jeep. I'll see what I can do over the weekend, visit some used car lots.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
That looks beautiful!

I bet you could sell those for a pretty penny.....

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Nice job, and great fab work!

Building stuff for the jeep is one of the reasons I got the jeep

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks beautiful!

I bet you could sell those for a pretty penny.....
Thanks, I have started a side business, nothing crazy. I just enjoy building parts and if I could make a few bucks in the process, so be it.

Nice job, and great fab work!

Building stuff for the jeep is one of the reasons I got the jeep
Thanks, they are fun to work on!

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
How did you get the design laid out? I'm trying to design a similar shaped bumper, but the bazillion different planes keeps screwing up my thoughts....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts