Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I've had a lot of different era Mustangs, Love 'em, so I am biased. This is the "Evos" concept car that the new Mustang is alleged to be based on.

Rumor has it that the re-design is set for 2015.

From a WSJ article:

Ford has been hinting that the next Mustang will not have a retro design such as the 2005 through 2013 versions have had. Hints keep coming that the next version of America’s beloved pony car will be a complete departure with a fresh design and modernized chassis with independent rear suspension. In the past, we’ve seen a Ford concept vehicle called the EVOS. According to some people who claim to have seen the 2015 Mustang, it looks a lot like the EVOS.
There is also speculation that the next generation will get Fords EcoBoost engine technology, which would honestly be no surprise as a replacement for the base V6. However, I simply don’t see the 5.0 V-8 being done away with in the high-end GT models. The 2015 is also said to look more like the Ford Fusion. As a big fan of the Mustang, I can only hope none of the current designers had anything to do with the dreadful Mustang II. I hope Ford gets it right, ominous rumors claim the vehicle is being called the Mustang III inside Ford.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Way to similar. I like the new Ford design but not as a mustang. Should have called it something different and continued the mustang looking like a mustang. They tried a similar thing in the late 70's early 80's, look what happened then.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I'd wheel it. Looks pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I agree it shouldn't be called a Mustang. I do like most of it. I don't like the rear of the car... needs to flow better...

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
I just puked thanks. A muscle car shouldnt look like that... Or have 24s sittin on skinnys ive lost all faith in modern muscle cars. They just keep trying to make them so bad looking. The chargers camaros all look like junk but mehh others like them. They did good on the challenger thats about it muscle cars are dying.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I don't know. I'm not a Furd fan but 665 hp in a Mustang seems pretty muscular to me.
Looks aren't everything but it helps. A lot of them are starting to look like worn out door stops.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I want a freaking American car. A big, bulky, bad handling, balls to the WALLS MUTHA FLIPPING TIRE SMOKIN AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!! Not some european import look-alike.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
You'll have to take that up with the DOT and EPA.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I want a freaking American car. A big, bulky, bad handling, balls to the WALLS MUTHA FLIPPING TIRE SMOKIN AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!! Not some european import look-alike.

Aint no such critter as an "American" car anymore.

We just found out that our GMC Acadia has a Ford transmission designed in Japan by Mazda.

I ain't making that up.

Outsourcing at it's best/worst.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
The wiring harnesses in Jeeps, many Chevy's and Fords, and others are made in Mexico.
My Chevy Avalanche was built in Guanajuato Mexico. Wranglers were built in Canada.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.