Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Smile for me
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys well ive been tinkering with mommas jeep this week and decided to try the msd streetfire box on it. The 258 has 50,000 miles on it and runs strong but we wanted a touch more juice, we switched the carb to an mc2100 and that helped alot, then we added a mallory coil and the msd box and it seemed to give us a lot longer powerband in each gear, seems to really pull harder, then i just added accel 8.5 wires and wow, now i think the box is in its element. major power gains ( prob not major but it does feel that way) for a jeep with stock axles on 35s it seems to pull good and 5th gear pulls to on the freeway, we gapped the plugs to 45 and raised the float a touch in the carb. So far so good and i will be adding some kind of msd box to my jeep here soon. :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I think some of these boxes send spark to the plugs for a bit longer to try and burn off all of the gas inside before it gets sent out, which can make for more power. Or so I've heard. Pics?

·
Smile for me
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have pics on my phone, our stupid camera died last week soooo now how do i get phone pics here??? the only idea i have is to email them to me and then copy and paste..... Hmmm if that works im down to do it ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts