Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody just ordered these on eBay any ideas on spark plug gap for new distributer? Just seeing what everyone has found to be helpful. Thanks.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
A new distributor should not require a change in the gap of your spark plugs. While no automotive mechanic, I gap plugs to whatever the engine manufacturer specifications suggest. So if that particular engine says 0.041" then do that. My son also told me to always apply a light coat of an Anti-seize product to the threads, before installing them.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
A new distributor should not require a change in the gap of your spark plugs. While no automotive mechanic, I gap plugs to whatever the engine manufacturer specifications suggest. So if that particular engine says 0.041" then do that. My son also told me to always apply a light coat of an Anti-seize product to the threads, before installing them.
Very light cost of anti sease making sure to keep it off the electrode and only on the threads.. I've seen guys glop it on and the thing idle like crap only to find out after pulling the plugs that it prevented good spark..

Dielectric grease on the wire side of the plug doesn't hurt either to fight corrosion..

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Why did you spell it out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts