21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
oh and throw a timney trigger on it lol, just gets spendier and spendier

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
yeah but the awb hasn't passed and probably won't for some time, they can't regulate all guns away and still have the 2nd amendment, I'm not worried.. probably end up building one on an m44 though, i think it would be pretty awesome to have a modernized mn

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Speaking of military surplus & tactical gear, what do y'all carry in your Jeeps on a regular basis? I keep two field hand bags in mine for recovery gear, & misc. items like flashlight, gloves, extra knife, extra bottle of drinking water, etc. Been wanting to add more similar items as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Usually one of 4 pistols and their respective ammo. Lol. But seriously. Depends on where we are wheeling. Usually an mre or two. Bottles of water. Some recovery gear. It seems I rely on nick for any real recover tho lol.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
lol, knowing him, I bet ya do on the recovery gear. Pretty much the same here on what I carry, usually extra water/Gatorade, & canned goods packed in one of my army surplus bags, then another for recovery gear, then another for tools, & another for various misc. crap. Then of course my .45 & all 4 clips ride along as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok. Next pistol discussion time. Stainless or nickel 1911. Stainless 44 mag. Or .45 glock with a .460 rowland conversion. Go!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Nickel 1911 .45 ACP & Stainless .44 Mag for me

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hmmm either way im looking at spending a grand on any of those. Probably end up stainless over nickel. I dont need it to be a total range queen lol

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
As long as it shoots with good accuracy it don't matter

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
I just bayonetted the fsck out of some balloons... and cardboard boxes.. I want to bayonet kill a deer next season lol

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Any of you guys heard of Frost knives? They are out of Sweden. My grandfather has been bringing them back over the years and I gotta say they are some of the best quality I have ever seen in a knife.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
They are not all that expensive when bought there but I have not looked into them here. The metal just seems better and keeps a sharp edge better then anything I have found locally.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I was wrong, they are not Frost knoves but Frosts Mora of Sweden knives. Great quality in my opinion. I have about 10 of them, sharper then anything else I own.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts