Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to run these on my old ford with no issue but didn't wheel that one to much. Is there any reason I should stay away from these? I have heard that the 16.5 bead doesn't hold as well as others but don't know if that is true?

·
Registered
979 Posts
It's not the bead that is the problem, 16.5 rims were made for bias belted tires and they do not have the hump in the rim to hold the beads. Recentered H1 rims with the spacer and O ring will work awesome with those tires, or some aftermarket beadlock rim. I can by those tires from my bud in Lucerne Valley near new for 100 bucks a piece or less. It's getting good rims for them that get costly. Truthfully your best bet is 17" rims and then find 37's for those

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
There used to be a few guys up here that ran them but stopped because they said they didn't flex very well and were too hard. But I have no real experiance with them

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aw12345 said:
It's not the bead that is the problem, 16.5 rims were made for bias belted tires and they do not have the hump in the rim to hold the beads. Recentered H1 rims with the spacer and O ring will work awesome with those tires, or some aftermarket beadlock rim. I can by those tires from my bud in Lucerne Valley near new for 100 bucks a piece or less. It's getting good rims for them that get costly. Truthfully your best bet is 17" rims and then find 37's for those
Is that the guy with the big green metal building? I'm sure I've been there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.