Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of us have a lot of plans this week-end, but I hope you take a minute or two and remember the reason we have this holiday. The servicemen and women who have served and given the ultimate sacrifice, so that we can have a 3-day weekend, need to be remembered. They will never be able to have another cook-out with their family, go to the lake or spend some time at the beach.

A very special Thank-You to all who have served and who are serving in the armed forces, for making this nation safer and allowing us the freedoms we enjoy and often take for granted.

Do you know a vet, call them up and say thanks. Do you know of the family of a fallen vet? Call them up and say we remember your loved one and share your loss.

This weekend isn't about hot dogs and hamburgers, it's about honoring the brave folks who have served and protected us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I, myself, am a disabled vet. I always take the time and make the effort to thank our service men and women for the freedoms they continue to secure on our behalf!

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I, myself, am a disabled vet. I always take the time and make the effort to thank our service men and women for the freedoms they continue to secure on our behalf!
Thank-you sir for your service!

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
We as a nation don't give enough respect and honor to those who wear the uniforms and offer their lives to protect ours!!! Thanks!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
Good morning WB, and Thank You to all our Service Men and Women for all they do. thumbsup.gif

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Its not a holiday here, but I would like to take a moment and say thanks for everyone that served. In the BIG wars our countries were alies, and and we our much of our freedoms to the troops south of the 49 to. Please all have fun today, and whatever you are doing, do it safely. In my profession I always dreaded long weekends, because the injuries, and death rate was alwayys much higher. Very rarely did I get a long weekend off, although not mandatory,as I had my own business and served the Hospitals on days of my choosing. I almost always without fail would sign up to work them, as the demand was so high, and staffing levels so low.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Funny how things change. When I was in the military (69-72), I could not go out on the street in my uniform or even tell anybody I was in the military for fear of being spit on or beaten. I even wore a hat to hide my military haircut.
Times sure do change.
But I come from many generations of veterans so I kept my pride. I served as my father and grandfather and his father before him.
It is an honor to serve to protect the greatest country on Earth, and I thank every person who is now serving and has served in the past.
Heros all.

·
I'm not lost
790 Posts
I always think of and Thank our Men and Women in the armed forces. My father is 100% disabled Vietnam Vet, My brother - in-law has PTSD so severely he is 100% disabled. So this is something we think about often not just once a year.

I Thank those that have Given all, fighting to keep our Country our Country and to give us the freedoms we have.

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rik, I went through the lottery in 68 and 69. Lucky enough both times that they didn't get to my number. Thank-you for your service and your family's service to our country.

Doris, be sure to tell your family we are thinking of them and appreciate their sacrifices..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts