Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basicquestion here... I want to add some lights to my JK bumper. First they look great! I'm sure they will have some off road functional value as well. I also want to add some light to my onroad driveline path.

There seem to be alot of choices out there some certainly more expensive than others. I'm looking for good but cost effective lights. What is the rit brand or brsnds?

Also, given that I am looking for basically some driving lights as well as I guess some floods does this mean I really need 2 different sets.

Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
On my pickup and cars I have use Piaa driving and fog lights. Not the cheapest, but they seemingly last forever, and the output is amazing. On my pickup I have 4 lights, 2 offer wide spectrum light, in a yellow ting, they cut glare in rain, fog etc. The other 2 are narrow beamed but their range is incredible, and I wired them so they can be completely off, or to come on with my high beam headlights. Those new cars with HhID lights are pathetic in output compared to my Piaa driving lights. I upgraded my Porsche's lights when ordering it, and it is supposed to have these amazing HID headlights , and I hear people brag about their output, it was a waste of $3,000. Doing it again I would order it with stock headlights, install Piaa driving lights, at a fraction of the cost, and I would guess triple the light. On a quiet road at night I run all 4 lights and my highbeams, I have ditch to ditch coveage, and can see about a km or more ahead to. Its an old truck, heavy, not the most stellar brakes, and cruising with the camper on, and boat in tow, I can easily see a person, deer, or whatever in time to stop with room to spare, on a dark night, with no moonlight even to help.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
The ones on my truck are probably 4" or so. My neighbour has lights way larger in physical size than mine, and his put out far less light. But they are not Piaa. Piaa are not the cheapest lights made, but from what I have seen they sure do light up the night. My Fiancé wants a set of Piaa driving lights on her new car, because as she puts it. "Your trucks driving lights make it look like I turned my headlights completely off in comparison". And her cars headlights are much better than many other cars I have seen. Don't just look at size, go for actual output. When I bought mine I went to a place that sold literally hundreds of driving lights, and they had one of each mounted on a bar, and you could flip a switch and turn them on one at a time. The reason I chose mine was thhey were by a large margin the brightest, I would say twice as bright as many others twice their size. And the smaller a light is, the nicer they are to mount.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Tsamp, that is an incredibly good looking jeep, wow, nice. Those lights look great on there to.. Lots of great lights exists, I can just only offer first hand experience on the one brand is all. I am aware of that, but can vouch for Piaam good lights. I just ordered a set of large LED Piaa's to put behind the grill on my ladies car. She really wants some, but anything else for location will look horrible on her car. The ones I chose to order are not to deep, so I can get them in with room to spare. My son is making me brackets to bolt them to. Actually ordered the lights through him to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Piaa lights are really nice. I have owned 4 sets of the 520's. Great quality and light output. The ones you chose are nice. Take some pics when installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts