Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from a get together with about 50 or so wheelin buddies and MJR forum members. Last nights campfire party was epic
The wheelin today a little busy but a load of fun.
Did the Calico gate keeper thingy again took about a whole 5 minutes to tackle that then we ran a few other trail, shot the **** with friends , later on before heading back home ran into a few buds that had just finished their Jeep projects was cool oggling over those.
Note to anybody building a double triangulated 4 link for a Jeep, brace the crap out of the square 2", 1/4" wall tube that you most likely will use for the crosmember for the lower links. I did and have been happy. Friend of mine didn't broke the tube in the middle, ripped the plates out of the inside of the frame, cracked one lower lip of the frame. Lot of avoidable damage.
Glad I re engineered mine after the first 2 trail rides

Anyway for me these were the best 5 minutes of the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-X9jYjVV5g&feature=youtu.be

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I'm trying, if I didn't have 47 other projects going on things would be easier. We just bought another house in Big Bear so I need to get that one situated. Hopefully I can spend a few weeks this month on it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyway to get back to the lower control arm cross member issue that a friend of mine had this weekend.
Here is what happens when you have fun with your double triangulated rear link setup if the cross member for the lowers doesn't have enough bracing and gusseting. Cross member cracked then folded, ripping the plates of the frame tearing the frame cracking one lower frame lip. Not expensive to fix, just a lot of unneeded work and a day lost having fun on the trail
Now if he had to drive the thing home without a trailer he would have been in a world of hurt

Nice little series of pics of me crawling up Odessa

A few more of one of my friend's goofing around

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Great pics. ..............

·
Registered
48 Posts
badass video, i wish we had more terrain like that here in washington

1 - 16 of 16 Posts