Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 08 jk "X". The stereo is... Just ok. Not great, as many of you know. I am considering upgrading the system. Deck, speakers and I may even add a sub and amp.

Is it worth it? I almost always have the top off. Does anyone have some advice for me? Can I expect to get really good all around sound with the top off without spending a mint?

If I add a sub is there a way to but it in the center console?

Has anyone done this? Is it worth paying to have it done or is it easy enough to donor yourself?

For the sound bar, should I just get a whole new sound bar complete? Are they worth it?

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
A good set of speakers for the front and an amp to power them will make a nice difference. If you want more features then do the deck. Other wise I'd leave it as OEM radio is not a theft attention grabber.

Do you not have a sound bar? Mine makes a big difference. If you do put better speakers in it as well to get more "range".. Most of this is very straight forward and Definitly not worth paying labor fees....

As for the sub, I never looked to see what would fit in it...

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
landboat said:
Have an 08 jk "X". The stereo is... Just ok. Not great, as many of you know. I am considering upgrading the system. Deck, speakers and I may even add a sub and amp.

Is it worth it? I almost always have the top off. Does anyone have some advice for me? Can I expect to get really good all around sound with the top off without spending a mint?

If I add a sub is there a way to but it in the center console?

Has anyone done this? Is it worth paying to have it done or is it easy enough to donor yourself?

For the sound bar, should I just get a whole new sound bar complete? Are they worth it?
I hate the stereo in my jk. Def one of the next upgrades

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a different take. As long as I turn it on and music issues forth, I am happy. I figure that in a Jeep, with a soft top, is isn't worth the expense and time for something better. But, I am not an audiophile anyway. Do I get the full experience from the music? NO, but that is not why I drive a Jeep. Good luck and I have the sub from my 07 JK I will let go cheep if you are interested. I don't know if it will fit or if it is worth shipping, but it is here is you can use it. I took it out because I wanted the room back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a different take. As long as I turn it on and music issues forth, I am happy. I figure that in a Jeep, with a soft top, is isn't worth the expense and time for something better. But, I am not an audiophile anyway. Do I get the full experience from the music? NO, but that is not why I drive a Jeep. Good luck and I have the sub from my 07 JK I will let go cheep if you are interested. I don't know if it will fit or if it is worth shipping, but it is here is you can use it. I took it out because I wanted the room back.
Swells... I might take u up on the sub lets talk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.