Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have an 08 4 dr Rubi,
Has anyone else had a problem with1st gear popping out. It doesnt happen all the time. But when it does, it will scare the crap out of anyone in the Jeep. Have an 08. Havent been able to find any info on it, havent seen any recalls either. :eek:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had the same problem in an old Willys PU, it turned out to be the shift fork. Not knowing the internals of the 08 trans, I can't say for certain that is your problem but it might be. Mine had a plastic wear pad on the shift fork that had come apart. I replaced all the plastic pads and the problem went away. Maybe someone else can add more. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I have an 08 x and have same issue. I've seen everything from inner boot being too stiff and pulling it to bad forks, selectors, gears, synchronizers...

Seams to be a VERY common issue. I find mine pops out more often when I feather the gas, let off, the push gas again it will pop out..

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
i believe your inner boot has slipped down and causing the tranny not to fully engage 1st gear all the way remove outter boot, pull inner boot all the way up secure with zip ties, replace outter boot. drive\check\ be happy

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ill try these. Ive heard quite a few people have had problems. Only happens in 1st gear, But I will try the boot things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i believe your inner boot has slipped down and causing the tranny not to fully engage 1st gear all the way remove outter boot, pull inner boot all the way up secure with zip ties, replace outter boot. drive\check\ be happy
I just bought one and it is doing that too. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts