Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for a member Robsteezy who PM'd me the question to see what you guys have to say about it.

I'm havin a problem wit my jeep it's been sitting for at least over a year I would turn it on here and there a few times but yesterday I was using it for like 2 3 maybe 4 hours tops and while I was driving I started to get a smell like if the brakes wer on and wer burning and also all of sudden wen that happened while we were on the freeway like it just had a sudden loss of power out of nowhere it didn't turn off or anything but I asking maybe to see if you have an idea of what I might be?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sentence structure?

Sounds like maybe his parking brake is stuck. First question is how easy is it to push?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Calipers seize pretty easy, I've had it happen and so has 3 of my friends

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am posting this for a member Robsteezy who PM'd me the question to see what you guys have to say about it.

I'm havin a problem wit my jeep it's been sitting for at least over a year I would turn it on here and there a few times but yesterday I was using it for like 2 3 maybe 4 hours tops and while I was driving I started to get a smell like if the brakes wer on and wer burning and also all of sudden wen that happened while we were on the freeway like it just had a sudden loss of power out of nowhere it didn't turn off or anything but I asking maybe to see if you have an idea of what I might be?
I had that exact thing happen to me, replaced: calipers, rotors and pads for under $300... That's a mechanic doing it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts