Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
What year TJ? My 2000 is a direct wired system on a rocker switch. No reset required. In fact, if I am not careful, the switch gets bumped when I get out of the Jeep and the lights stay on. As was said above: check for power to the lights and switch and a relay, it there is one. Try just going straight to the lights to see if they even work at all.:)

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
With, or without, DRL (Daytime Running Lights)? Check fuse #19, that's the power supply. If DRL equiped, there may be a reset procedure to the DRL module, I can't find it right now. Also, check the operation of the Fog Lamp Relay, located in the Power Distribution Center. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Have you turned them on from the turn signal lever? I'm sure you have, but a friend went to several mechanics saying his lights wouldn't work. I went to the switch on the turn signal lever, and flipped them on. This guy just stood quietly with his mouth open.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I've never heard of resetting a relay. I've heard of them smoking and needing replaced and I've also seen relays which will trip and reconnect when cooled down, but never heard of a relay which needs to be reset. Are they insinuating something similar like resetting a breaker like a house circuit breaker?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.