Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Red 1995 4WD SE/YJ with 230k miles that needs a clutch/slave cylinder, rear brake shoes, rear brake hardware kit, drums, valve cover gasket, tune up/oil change. I am so torn between putting some money into it or selling. I drove it from 1995 until 2007 as my primary vehicle and hoped to have it as my second car when I bought my Tacoma, but my husband at the time took it over when his car died (it was supposed to be a temporary thing...) Here it is 5 years later and I took it back in the divorce last month! I brought it to my local mechanic to see what it needs and UGH - he totally mistreated it. Anyway, it would finally be my second vehicle to tool around town in (it has both the original soft and hard top, specialty bumpers, 4 brand new tires, recently new catalytic converter, radiator is about 5 years old, etc) but not sure it won't become the money pit. Figured you all would have an opinion about what I should do. I would have to pay a mechanic to do it - he said around $1,500 bucks. Am I crazy to do the work??? The car does not owe me a dime, the body is in really good shape. Interior is a little smelly from the ex (giggle) but in great shape. Any thoughts - I will say it was great to get back in the driver seat and I just don't know if I can part with it!

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I don't need to tell you that a 1995 YJ is the most coveted jeep out there. Put a few bucks into it, and have a great running jeep which will also be a good investment down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's your baby... I would put the money into it..but i would look for a mechanic that will fix it the way you want it done... Some mechanic are just not Jeep people and want to charge you ton and do things their way...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts