Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I have trouble with my jeep wrangler (1987) idle speed.
I have replaced my 4.2 engine with a 4.0HO from a cherokee XJ donor including the AX15 transfercase and all the wiring. ( engin and dash )
When I start my engine it runs over 2000 rpm.
When I disconnect the airtube from the map sensor on the intake manifold, the engine immidiate goes to the 'normal' rpm. ( but messy )
I have allready tried changing the MAP sensor for an other one, but there's no difference.

I allso changed the TPS and AIS sensors. No result. Still firing up to >2000 rpm.

( !! I don't have a speedsensor connected to the transfercase. I've used a DANA300 transfercase. So no electrical connection. )

Please advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello,

I have trouble with my jeep wrangler (1987) idle speed.
I have replaced my 4.2 engine with a 4.0HO from a cherokee XJ donor including the AX15 transfercase and all the wiring. ( engin and dash )
When I start my engine it runs over 2000 rpm.
When I disconnect the airtube from the map sensor on the intake manifold, the engine immidiate goes to the 'normal' rpm. ( but messy )
I have allready tried changing the MAP sensor for an other one, but there's no difference.

I allso changed the TPS and AIS sensors. No result. Still firing up to >2000 rpm.

( !! I don't have a speedsensor connected to the transfercase. I've used a DANA300 transfercase. So no electrical connection. )

Please advice
Issue can be closed. I had a wrong gasket for the inlet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts