Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy y'all....new here but not to jeeps......pics ...why not;)

the jeep..

the gas drinking thingy under the hood

with the old xj

what i play in some times..

so yeah thats me;)

·
4,987 Posts
TJ, there seems to be a manufacturing defect on your Jeep, they seem to have put your steering wheel on the wrong side.;)

Oh, and welcome to The Wrangler Board!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TJ, there seems to be a manufacturing defect on your Jeep, they seem to have put your steering wheel on the wrong side.;)

Oh, and welcome to The Wrangler Board!

yep get that a lot..........:D..also drive on the left hand side of the road..but roads are overrated anyways........
that thingy under the hood is a 5.2ltr.....very thirsty thingy....now we work in ks down here as in kilometers.... i get 255 ks a tank of gas......:eek:.....must sort that out......?????ideas...has been re geared ...

·
4,987 Posts
I think all jeeps are...uh, thirsty. Fuel ecomney is not why we have the them thats for sure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think all jeeps are...uh, thirsty. Fuel ecomney is not why we have the them thats for sure.
ha ha,, yep that they are,,, the old xj on 33s stock gears was better...
should be a bit better than it is me thinks...running 33x12.5r15 shoes ,,gears 4.11...tis only a toy dont see much road use....:)

also cps is playing up..wont start when warm..........:cool:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Small v8 should be able to achieve atleast comparable fuel milage to the stock 6 or better. Looks like you have some work left to do. The install looks very nicely done. By the way do you know a fella with a JK that goes by the handle of Tycho/ Jason Mardsen? If I am not mistaken he hails out of Christchurch also. He sure posts some very nice pics of his offroad exploits at times

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
From my research you should be getting better mileage with that motor then stock. I have the 5.9 but haven't driven it enough to figure out my mileage.

Also what air filter is that? I need something low like that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From my research you should be getting better mileage with that motor then stock. I have the 5.9 but haven't driven it enough to figure out my mileage.

Also what air filter is that? I need something low like that.
yep thats what i was thinking chris............will get info and pics up for ya in the next few days mate ,,re filter..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small v8 should be able to achieve atleast comparable fuel milage to the stock 6 or better. Looks like you have some work left to do. The install looks very nicely done. By the way do you know a fella with a JK that goes by the handle of Tycho/ Jason Mardsen? If I am not mistaken he hails out of Christchurch also. He sure posts some very nice pics of his offroad exploits at times

like this....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Pretty country.

Welcome!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the welcomes.....had a bit of a play aroud with it to day

got rid of the gay as hard lid

can fit all my friends in there now..

then up the ramp to see if new arms are working...

would rather test it out on the trails....soon ,very soon...:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fitted front bumper last night....

will do a thread on the old girl in next couple of days.....

as you were ,,carry on...;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts