Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolts that you unscrew on the door hinges arnt unscrewing off?? They unscrew but don't go down any farther. Do they pull off or what??? Thanks!

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
My 99 had nuts on the bottom and my 08 had bolts on the bottom which go up into the hinge. Which style is your 01???

Did you buy it used?

Is it possible P.O. Put anti theft locks in??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where would the anti theft lock be at??? My 01 has nuts on the bottom of it. I bought it used. I'll see if I can add picture.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Yeah, just like my 99. Should just unthread leaving a threaded shaft sticking out.. Can you get any off??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None are coming off. Might have to stick a screw drive up in there and pry down and turn with wrench. Might be rusted on there.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Will they turn? also it looks like you used the wrong size wrench, I scrapped the paint off 2 sides of the nut to get the proper size wrench to fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got them off after pushing down with a screw driver. Looks like paint got in with the threads and hardened and it stuck them together. Yeah I think I did use wrong wrench also. I think ill just leave the bolts off so I don't have to mess with the bolts anymore! :p

·
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII
25 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts