Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a '00 TJ, 4.0. It has new BF Goodrich 31's on aftermarket black wheels.
Needs a little lift. How high do I go without making it look too high. Prolly keeping that size tire since it won't be off road much.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same issue. Not sure how many inch my lift is as it was kind of jerryrigged
with just a spacer and some pipe supports at various locations of the frame. I was thinking
of taking off that stuff and using an official lift and hoping that would make it drive more even on the roads. Seems when I hit uneven pavement it pulls me this way and that. I thought it might be the steering stabilizer but the mech. told me its still good. So am guessing its because the lift was done with what I described above. Not sure what brand to get either. You hear so many different opinions. Would love to have teraflex but they are crazy expensive here in Dubai. Skyjacker is cheaper but have heard bad reviews. Not sure what else is a good brand to go with.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have the same issue. Not sure how many inch my lift is as it was kind of jerryrigged
with just a spacer and some pipe supports at various locations of the frame. I was thinking
of taking off that stuff and using an official lift and hoping that would make it drive more even on the roads. Seems when I hit uneven pavement it pulls me this way and that. I thought it might be the steering stabilizer but the mech. told me its still good. So am guessing its because the lift was done with what I described above. Not sure what brand to get either. You hear so many different opinions. Would love to have teraflex but they are crazy expensive here in Dubai. Skyjacker is cheaper but have heard bad reviews. Not sure what else is a good brand to go with.
Take a bunch of pics of your suspension parts. All the jerry rigged stuff, some pics of the steering components and rear trackbar location.
For all the sand out there all you would really need is enough clearance in the fenders for the tires you run. You do not need a lot of belly height. Flat belly wouldn't hurt though

·
Registered
66 Posts
3" of lift:

When you raised your jeep by 3" did you replace the front drive line? The reason I ask is after going to a site that was given to me by a forum member, it clearly stated one must install a new drive line if you go up 3". I need more info so will call the company tomorrow and see what they tell me.

I was going to take mine up 3 1/2 to 4" due to a lot of weight in the rear.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That's my buddies Jeep and he informs me that he did not install the spacers Rough Country included with the springs, so it's actually at 2.5" of lift.

And no he did not do any work to the driveline. Going above 3" of lift can start to mess with rear driveline angles too much, which means you either need to do a t-case drop or convert your rear end to an SYE and a CV driveshaft.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.