How do you prefer camping?

• Party all night

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I do that and the poles never fit back in, but then again this is a cheap tent.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Just got home from a nice quiet relaxing weekend..... Hardly anybody in the campground at all.
Full hookups, $12/night, right across the street from the trail head to the Pinion Mountain Trail (The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, Diablo Dropoff, Fish Canyon, Sandstone Canyon, more) Twenty five minutes from Julian, twenty minutes from Agua Calliente Hot Mineral Springs.

This is how I like to camp.......

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
When i was a "yout", We used to party most of the night, but we tried not to draw attention to ourselfs, I think we had the music low!? Now days (with kids) i like a quiet camp site/ fire, Tent camping is still Kool! After camping with my son (boy scouts) we lurned a lot about what you really need for camping! good times!

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just got back from a camping and fishing trip and stayed in the campground this time instead of just shore camping it and is it just me or are they trying to pack in as many people as they can in these places? Our neighbor was about 20 feet away and annoying.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Same reason I don't like living in a tract home. Campgrounds are nice if you go on an off weekend or during the week. When you are tent camping they are nice because you have showers and toilets.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I kicked my tent yesterday, it has been sitting in a box since the last time I used it becasue they never make the bag big enough for it to fit back in without being machine folded.
I have a stupid big tent also, and I bought a surplus seabag to keep it in. Work well enough.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I ended up picking up a bag last week. It is like a sleeping bag, bag. It is pretty thin and will probably only last another trip or two but at least the tent is put away now.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I would suggest a compression bag. They're generally for sleeping bags, but you can use them for about anything. You can get them at any sporting goods store worth their while...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Here's how I like to camp.

Ruck filled with all the junk I need, along with an assault pack stuffed in.
Hike into where I wanna make camp.
Set up a small man sized tent with my sleeping bags. Keep ruck in it... Then when hunting small game, have the assault pack on me with Med supplies, food and water.... Jus in case.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I think it depends on where you are camping and what you will be doing there.

Like when I used to take my boat to Lake Havasu, I stayed it a hotel so I had a clean bed and shower each night so I could go out and party.
Just wheeling for a weekend, take the motorhome and drag the Jeep out there. Nice to have shelter when the weather turns bad.
Hunting, tent is the way to go, travel light, get back in farther.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm kinda a princess. I camp in a cabin with a bathroom, kitchen, bed, heat and air.:)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts