Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I haven't but you can probably take an old pair and cut them in half then sleeve one side with tube and drill a hole through that and the no sleeved side and put a pin in it. Seems simple in my head.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I thought about that way to but I couldn't get my bolt out to even get those in. If you need a stock pair I may have some laying around. If you are interested I may even cut them in half and sleeve it for you but you would have to do all the finish work like drilling and what not. That is if I still have my original ones and a piece of tube that will fit around it. I won't charge anything but shipping if you want to go that route.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>Chris that would be greatly appreciated let me know if you have the supplies. If you have them and will do them PM me do I can get your info thank you
>Rik I have to laugh because I'm going the cheap route and eBay never seems to amaze me hahaha

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My trac bars are gone (thanks Rik) and if I delete my sway bars do I just take the front one off? And If you have the parts Chris please still make them incase I don't like the ride. What does that little bar in the middle of the shackles have to do with flex?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Think about the spring twisting as the axle flexes. If you have the bar, it doesn't twist as much.
And the YJ has no rear sway bar. The sway bar helps with high speed stability. If it's your daily driver, get quick disconnects. If it's a garage queen like mine that rarely sees the freeway and is mostly used for wheeling, loose the sway bar. It's dead weight.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Put two chop sticks next to each other and push side to side and you will see how the move up and down slightly. I think it takes a lot of flex out of your springs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.