Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Xpress will chime and answer this question in detail. If they don't make one, he does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same as an H16 bulb. Just did it to mine. Bought on eBay. Search H16 hid conversion kits and it'll pop up. If you can't find them let me know and I'll send to the sellers contact info. I bought the 6000k to match the 6000k H-13's I put in the headlights looks awesome and bright as hell. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You do NOT want HID lights in your fog lights. HID's are 3x brighter than the bulbs in the fog lamps- all that will do is turn them into MASSIVE flood lights that will illuminate ALL parts of the fog in front of you. Not only will you not be able to see, but oncoming traffic will be blinded. There's a reason why they use regular lamps in fog lights. For effective fog lighting you need a low powered lamp that is low to the ground.

If all you're doing is going for the looks, then please, for the sake of everyone else on the road, remove your Jeep from road use ENTIRELY and use it at a show rig only. I cannot tell you how many times I wish I had a Big F*cking Hammer underneath my seat to beat the **** out of PNP headlights. Only an idiot will think PNP HID's put out more light, unless your head/fog lights were designed to use HID's, then you simply DO NOT put HID's into them. The science behind it is so much more in depth than what I've explained here. Long story short: HID bulbs are 3x brighter than a 55w halogen bulb. The reflector behind the lens on modern day vehicles is designed to spread the beam out evenly, and it provides small, dim hot spots overhead and straight out that illuminate road signage that is off to the side or overhead. HID's amplify these hot spots until they are blinding.

Not only that but it is illegal to simply plug in ANY bulb that is not an OEM bulb into an OEM housing, regardless of whether or not it's a tail lamp, marker lamp, headlamp, fog lamp, or any external lamp that is used for driving purposes. The only way around it is to retrofit in an HID kit using non-OEM housings that are made for HID's, such as a projector retrofit. You can get around the running lights by replacing them entirely with something different, such as an LED tail light assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts