Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I personally prefer the hood mount and have contacted a few manufacturers of these hood mounting systems.. Some incorporate a simple design (nothing more then hood type screws which the jack rest on) while other have lights, and tool trays to carry just about anything.

Typically most jeep guys/gals mount the Jacks on the rear in a swing out storage system, on the rear bumper (up right) or on the front bumper (laying down). Once in a while you might see one mounted on the roof storage tray.. (laying down length wise)

Thou one must realize.. a 60 Hi-Lift is heavy or any hi-lift jack are heavy anyway.. and mounting anywhere above the hood line.. you may be asking for trouble.. trying to get it down.

Think of what best suits you needs.. wheeling allot?.. then best keep it lower and in plan sight.. Not wheeling but just wanted that extra protecting in knowing that the jack is there and it can and will get you out of some deep crap when its time, then mount it on the hood or in the roof tray.

It's amazing to know that this american company has been making these jacks for a long time.. and just recently have been offering new products because (we've) been asking for them to.. As with any company.. they need to stay and remain in the forefront and offer incentives for new buyers to purchase items from them.

But want to know something.. During jeep shows.. and swap meets.. guys have their old jacks for sale because their life changes.. their families grow and wheeling may not be apart of their life style anymore.. and this makes a great opportunity for you to buy slightly used jacks and a substantial discount..

But just remember who puts their name on and behind their products... Hi-Lift Jack.. trust no imitations and there are a few of them. Cheaper doesn't mean better..

·
Registered
411 Posts
I personally prefer the hood mount and have contacted a few manufacturers of these hood mounting systems.. Some incorporate a simple design (nothing more then hood type screws which the jack rest on) while other have lights, and tool trays to carry just about anything.

Typically most jeep guys/gals mount the Jacks on the rear in a swing out storage system, on the rear bumper (up right) or on the front bumper (laying down). Once in a while you might see one mounted on the roof storage tray.. (laying down length wise)

Thou one must realize.. a 60 Hi-Lift is heavy or any hi-lift jack are heavy anyway.. and mounting anywhere above the hood line.. you may be asking for trouble.. trying to get it down.

Think of what best suits you needs.. wheeling allot?.. then best keep it lower and in plan sight.. Not wheeling but just wanted that extra protecting in knowing that the jack is there and it can and will get you out of some deep crap when its time, then mount it on the hood or in the roof tray.

It's amazing to know that this american company has been making these jacks for a long time.. and just recently have been offering new products because (we've) been asking for them to.. As with any company.. they need to stay and remain in the forefront and offer incentives for new buyers to purchase items from them.

But want to know something.. During jeep shows.. and swap meets.. guys have their old jacks for sale because their life changes.. their families grow and wheeling may not be apart of their life style anymore.. and this makes a great opportunity for you to buy slightly used jacks and a substantial discount..

But just remember who puts their name on and behind their products... Hi-Lift Jack.. trust no imitations and there are a few of them. Cheaper doesn't mean better..
I've got mine mounted on the rear bumper, I'm planning on moving it to the hood or to a roll had mount on the inside at the rear to protect it from the elements. And a hi lift is heavy.... If you don't lift heavy weight and workout. Personally I can sling it around like its a piece of cardboard.

·
13 Posts
I've got mine mounted on the rear bumper, I'm planning on moving it to the hood or to a roll had mount on the inside at the rear to protect it from the elements. And a hi lift is heavy.... If you don't lift heavy weight and workout. Personally I can sling it around like its a piece of cardboard.
I twirl mine around like a baton.:)
If you believe that, please contact me regarding ocean front property
I have for sale in Arizona.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
having a high lift on your hood is really not a ideal place to have it,,, it can be a pita to get on and off,,, inside the jeep is not much better, it takes up a boat load of room,, right now i have mine mounted on the tail gate with this http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_8000.htm
its works very good,,, i only put the jack on when i go wheeling,,,,, now i have an ace rear bumper with high lift mount ,, cant wait to get it all installed ,and when i do the rampage mount will be up for grabs,,,,,, as in free,,, i like to pay it forwards...all i'll need in return is your hinge covers

·
Registered
411 Posts
I twirl mine around like a baton.:)
If you believe that, please contact me regarding ocean front property
I have for sale in Arizona.
Actually I believe the twirling of it, but it'd be rather slow.
Would you believe me if I told you I can Ruck 20 miles with a 15 minute mile pace with around 80 plus pounds on my back?
^ that's is much more grueling than dealing with a Hi Lift

·
Registered
411 Posts
having a high lift on your hood is really not a ideal place to have it,,, it can be a pita to get on and off,,, inside the jeep is not much better, it takes up a boat load of room,, right now i have mine mounted on the tail gate with this http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_8000.htm
its works very good,,, i only put the jack on when i go wheeling,,,,, now i have an ace rear bumper with high lift mount ,, cant wait to get it all installed ,and when i do the rampage mount will be up for grabs,,,,,, as in free,,, i like to pay it forwards...all i'll need in return is your hinge covers
Well mine would be a PITA to take off from the inside because I sold my back seat, back seat seat belts and mounting hardware: I like it on the bumper it's just that it sticks out quite a ways and I don't like getting hung up on it. Hell I might just get some tube bent up and weld some feet onto it so I can bolt it to my front bumper mounting bolts.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just followed the link. Do that for TJs as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts