Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing bad bearings with a "bearing repair" setup...got it from Napa part #pr1563...was told these would replace stock bearings and move the bearing approximately 1/2 inch towards wheel. One of my axles was kinda worn so they said the bearing would be on a new location. Tried putting these in and it won't go...now its stuck and can't get it out..lol...any ideas????

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
Replacing bad bearings with a "bearing repair" setup...got it from Napa part #pr1563...was told these would replace stock bearings and move the bearing approximately 1/2 inch towards wheel. One of my axles was kinda worn so they said the bearing would be on a new location. Tried putting these in and it won't go...now its stuck and can't get it out..lol...any ideas????
We call those 'axle savers'. If they get cocked they can be a bear to get out. Try a slide hammer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I went to the parts store and asked axle savers and they looked at me funny..lol..gonna pick up a slide hammer tomorrow...what can I use to put these in easier

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
Yeah I went to the parts store and asked axle savers and they looked at me funny..lol..gonna pick up a slide hammer tomorrow...what can I use to put these in easier
Try using a BAS, Big Ass Socket. Or, here's an idea, a bearing driver.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your best bet is to replace the whole axle with a better one. Try a Ford 8.8.

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
Any update?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts