Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 89' manual wrangler a few weeks ago. I've wanted one since i was little and am so happy i finally have one. I absolutely love my new Jeep!! Even though he's already had a few problems... Right now I know almost nothing about Jeeps or even cars really, but cant wait to learn more so i can fix him up. =)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its guy since its a stick, if it was automatic it'd be a girl hahah

The problems so far have been...
1. A loud popping sound coming from right behind me while turning in 1st and 2nd, sometimes when im starting out. And slight popping while accelorating in the higher gears. But im pretty sure its because it doesn't have any leaf spring bushings in the rear and those will be here on thursday =) my FIRST project on any car...exciting haha
2. He likes to pop back into nutral when im reversing and it just had a new clutch put in a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might be from me haha Thats one of the reasons I joined, so I could find out what was causing it. Honestly, I probably would of never realized it was missing them if it wasn't for this forum

·
I'm not lost
790 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome. Why does men name their jeeps girls names and women name their jeeps male names?
Havasu, I have had both male and female named vehicles from Brutus, to my current Baby Doll :) BTW Brutus was an auto and Baby Doll is a stick LMAO

For me each vehicle has it's own personality sometimes female sometimes male.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Welcome to the board...

I have always been told that if a gear has chronic popping out of gear issues the gear is worn out. If this is your problem and you can live with it popping out (like I did) you can let it be...

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Welcome to the board

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone! I would post pictures but its in the shop right now. The spider and planetary gears are bad...yippy =/ And I'm near gainesvillish area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts