Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once I got the front cleaned up I decided to toss on some TJ fenders in the rear. Once again no pics during the work but there are a million write ups about it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then I wheeled the crap out of it.

Also managed to gathe a soft to, bikini top and hard top with full and half doors, best of all worlds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So after it sitting in my driveway like that for a month or so I decided I wanted to wheel again so Jbolty on JF had a set of used tires he gave me so I was out wheeling again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then I decided to finally tear her apart for a new motor. I went with a 5. liter 360 V8 out of a 96 Dodge Ram 2500. I pulled motor tranny and all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now for the V8. I used advanced adapters motor mount kit and built my own trans mount. I heard I was going to have to use different headers for room but mine fit fine so I kept the stock ones from the truck. I even was able to use the exhaust pipe and just cut it down for length issues.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figued while I was at it I would toss in the Dana 60 front and rear from the dodge since I had them.

I also used a conversion radiator from Ocenee offroad, worst customer service I have ever recieved and the radiator took over two months to get to me, every time I called it was supposed to ship that day but never did.

Also tossed on a TJ grill since I was in there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I spent a few hours working on her today and was able to get the fuel system plumbed so now she starts and runs on her own with every turn of the key.

Tomorrow I will try and get a shifter of some sort in and working then on to streering.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
And where did Chris' old D35 axle go? Why right underneath my YJ :D

What did you wind up doing with your 4.2/trans/t-case?

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
4.2 went to a guy in Big Bear who is rebuilding it for his Scrambler.

Trans went to Ari for his swap to a manual.

Transfer Case is back in the jeep.

Rear axle is in your jeep and the front axle is on my side yard waiting for me to pull the locker and scrap the rest.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
So I spent a few hours working on her today and was able to get the fuel system plumbed so now she starts and runs on her own with every turn of the key.

Tomorrow I will try and get a shifter of some sort in and working then on to streering.
Good thing I came by to help today. You couldn't have done it without me I'm sure.

And my friend still wants that Aussie.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good thing I came by to help today. You couldn't have done it without me I'm sure.

And my friend still wants that Aussie.
Yeah good thing. I had the vent line crossed with the pickup line and not enough fuel in the tank to be able to tell.

My buddy Jason in Big Bear has dibs on the locker and since he sells me a lot of work stuff cheap I am sure he will get it.

I went to the auto parts store to get shifter stuff tonight and couldn't spend over a hundred bucks on a floor shifter when I have a column shifter so i just ran to lowes and grabbed everything I will need to build a cable.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts