Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chief Factotum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had much luck elsewhere, so I thought I'd try here to see if any Wrangler people might know a little bit about the Grand Wagoneer.

Well... I bought a pair of door hinges from an ebay seller, and when I started to swap them out, I found out that the ones I got are SLIGHTLY different, and won't work... the differences between the current and new (to me) hinges are there. Any suggestions on what I HAVE and what I BOUGHT?

The blue one pictured below is what I currently have, and need. The dingy ones in the pic are the ones I got from ebay seller...

As you can see, the "question mark" shape of the actual hinge part is slightly different. In addition, the holes that mount the hinge to the B-pillar are different. Mine are slotted for adjustment. The new ones are not slotted.

Any help in identifying the variants here would be appreciated. I need to replace a hinge to fix a door problem.

·
Chief Factotum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have googled my fingers to the bone. Does nobody in Internetlandvill know about these hinges???

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Do you have a 2 door?? Almost looks like the eBay ones are thinner maybe for a smaller Door 4 door vehicle where as yours looks thicker for a heavier larger 2 door model.. I'm am guessing

·
Chief Factotum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a 2 door?? Almost looks like the eBay ones are thinner maybe for a smaller Door 4 door vehicle where as yours looks thicker for a heavier larger 2 door model.. I'm am guessing
Dunno :confused: ... the actual vehicle these are on is not even a Jeep, but they came from a "1980's Grand Wagoneer" (unfortunately, I don't remember much more than that as I did this project almost 15 years ago). Your theory does seem plausible. I'll see if I can google up any discernible differences between 2-door and 4-door versions. And, if you know anyone with a GW (either door type), pictures of what they have might be very helpful.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Unfortunitly I haven't seen any in my area for a while..

·
Chief Factotum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still at square one on this project (after taking 2 steps forward, and 2 steps back). Any ideas from you Jeep experts?

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I'm still at square one on this project (after taking 2 steps forward, and 2 steps back). Any ideas from you Jeep experts?
The pictures won't show up on my phone, and I can't remember.... Soooo... Any chance you can rebuilt them with new bushings/pins? I assume your door were sagging...

·
Chief Factotum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The pictures won't show up on my phone, and I can't remember.... Soooo... Any chance you can rebuilt them with new bushings/pins? I assume your door were sagging...
Yes, door is sagging. Rebuilding would be ideal, but I can't find any parts to do so... and my previous research seemed to indicate that the hinges were not rebuildable (anything is rebuildable, but not with a "kit" of parts I could buy). And so I started down the path of replacing the entire hinges. However, if you know where I might find parts to rebuild the ones I have, that'd be even better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts