Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I've seen people gut the console and put it in there.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Subwoofers can go anywhere. You don't "hear" what comes out of them, you "feel" it in your lower spine.
It is an omnidirectional sound wave that is too low of a frequency for your ears to hear. (if it is set up correctly)
The air space behind it is important tho'.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
I have a Regular cab pickup, space inside is a premium to me. I put mine under the seat........its perfect. Any chance of a wood box to house it, that will fit under some seat somewhere? It really won't make much difference, just if under a backseat may use a bit more power, like 1/3 to really pound the bass out. Under the bench in py F25p I use maybe 15% power, or else its just bass. What I do is turn it up lots on rare occasions, like parked next to a no pipe harley. I put the windows down, bass to about half, and turn up the volume, they stare, drowns out that disgusting farting sounds all harleys make.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Harley hater.

lol they are annoying at times.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I have a Regular cab pickup, space inside is a premium to me. I put mine under the seat........its perfect. Any chance of a wood box to house it, that will fit under some seat somewhere? It really won't make much difference, just if under a backseat may use a bit more power, like 1/3 to really pound the bass out. Under the bench in py F25p I use maybe 15% power, or else its just bass. What I do is turn it up lots on rare occasions, like parked next to a no pipe harley. I put the windows down, bass to about half, and turn up the volume, they stare, drowns out that disgusting farting sounds all harleys make.
They stare cause they know your jealous..

I can never hear radios on my Harley. And I have pipes. Lol..

If you don't like the sound of a Harley you would hate the sound of my Subaru..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha yeah I got a box. I built it to fit in the back of my 95 yj I had but than I got this 2001 and the box don't fit in the back like it did the yj. I guess the yj's trunk was just a little bit bigger than the tj. I would like to put it in my console just gotta figure out how I would install it and gut it.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I'm my TJ I had a small box in the back, then moved you to 3 10s. The triple was the MTX setup in which I simply took a saw to the box and cut it to fit (seat to tailgate).. Still sounded super strong with the Alpine 757 amp pushing them..

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Its a "package" I purchased at bestbuy back in 2000.. I simply took a circular saw and cut down the sides and across the top and bottom so it sat right behind the seat. I then made a new back panel, glued and screwed it on and recovered with el cheapo carpet from pep boys. Took me maybe 2 hours and was super easy. Hit crazy hard! They still sell this setup!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.