Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M lookin to lift my jeep 3 1/4 inch and I'm waiting good all terrain tires. I don't want mid terrain because all I ever do is highway driving and occasionally offload. Can somebody give me advise? Thanks

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I ran Cooper Discovery on my wife's jeep and got 50,000 miles on them. Good all weather traction, no mud or rock expierience.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
BFG A/T is what you are looking for. Quiet, long lasting, great on and off road. BFG's best selling tire.

9-9-12 049.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
M lookin to lift my jeep 3 1/4 inch and I'm waiting good all terrain tires. I don't want mid terrain because all I ever do is highway driving and occasionally offload. Can somebody give me advise? Thanks
I had some nice Kevlar Nitto Terra Grapplers. Nice and quiet, not too heavy, good price! When I went to 35s, I switch to Nitto Trail Grapplers to get a killer mud tire.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Thanks. I think.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
The BF Goodrich all terrain seems to be liked here by people, and not knocked for being junk. And by here, I mean in BC not this forum.
I had those some years ago on my CJ-5. They were good on-the-road tires, but no good for mud or even sand. I would not buy them again for a 4x4.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I don't do mud, but I do sand all the time. And riverbed sand is the worst there is. Large grain and deep, doesn't compact at all. My AT's perform well even without airing down. I run them at 35psi and I drive in the riverbed twice a week if not more.
I have driven with them in lots of snow on three of my vehicles. They perform great. On rocks they are fantastic.
The best tire that is good for mud and snow is one that has large lugs on the side. Now they are noisy. And they seem to wear funny.
When I lived in Ohio I tried several types/brands and had a set for winter and a set for summer. There is no tire that does it all.
So you have to decide where your Jeep will be most of the time and go from there.
If you can afford them, KM Kevlars are really nice.
You will obviously get lots of differing opinions on this subject, but driving conditions and budget are your considerations.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've got 33x12.50R15 Falken Wildpeaks. They're Okay, they've gotten me through some stick situations, they hold a bead well... But my complaint is the fact that they have a solid center tread lock... Meaning mud will pack in their, if its thick mud... And if you're going fast... The tires don't clean out. However though, when going slow... They sling mud everywhere.
One of the things they could have improved was the sidewall, it's only a 2ply sidewall, needs to be three. And they're kinda designed weird as well.
But I'm stepping up to Nitto Mud Grapplers.

·
Don't go there..
30 Posts
I went Duratracs I am really happy. I just wish they came in 37's. I have been told the BF Goodrich all terrains will last forever almost but I think their snow rating is really poor, but everyone has a different opinion and expectations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts